when/where/link will telus upgrade to 2nd gen 4k pvr and modem?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

if i get a 50 inch samsung 4k tv and my mom gets an upgrade from internet 25 to 50 ad soon hopefully 150.. by next early 2017 when stuff is upgraded in general areas, nodes/less weather problems with coppers and etc. what, when and where will telus accounnes the next upgrade like shaws doing right now! 😛

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Considering the 4K equipment TELUS is just starting to roll out. You won't be seeing 2nd or 3rd gen hardware anytime soon. At the minimum you will need to subscribe to internet 50 for 4K.

Eventually when/if your area is upgraded to fibre. Your neighbourhoods will be setup way into the future, and won't need any major investment.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Ambassador

@kikithecafekief101 wrote:

if i get a 50 inch samsung 4k tv and my mom gets an upgrade from internet 25 to 50 ad soon hopefully 150.. by next early 2017 when stuff is upgraded in general areas, nodes/less weather problems with coppers and etc. what, when and where will telus accounnes the next upgrade like shaws doing right now! 😛

When you get 4k from Telus, it will take years for Shaw to catch-up with their bandwidth (Mbps) limitation.  Just visit Shaw forum and you will see how bad it is.   Announcement is one thing, implementation is another.   4k at this time is content limited (i.e. mostly confined to sports channel).

All that said, I do not have 4k PVR in my package as I am not a sport channel fan. If/when the content gets more interesting to me, I might consider.