whats so Great about fibre optics?

SOLVED

whats so Great about fibre optics?

whats so good about it??

need answers!!

thanks, Sincerely, Kiki, aka Kiefer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Power User

You can find many answers and benefits on the Telus Pure Fibre website.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@kikithecafekief101:  To clarify... what are you comparing Fibre to?  What service do you have now?

Internet 25 and optik tv. What difference between internet 25 and 50 with updated pvr version 6015 and set top box 5050, my friends dad's told me last night he upgrading to bluesky and Internet 150 next Friday. Tho my my mom won't upgrade. She think it cost a forchine. Lol. She's. Be with telus since the vancouver 2010 Olympics when they went to digital.

Thoughts....

• Compared to your current Internet 25.... your download speeds will be 6 times faster.  Your upload speeds will be 30 times faster.
  • Compared to the competitor's Internet 150..... while the download speed is the same..... the Telus internet will be 10 times faster than the competition!  Note, the broadband option is a shared connection with the neighborhood.  Telus's PureFibre is dedicated so there will no be slowdown after dinner when everyone is using the service.

I hear BlueSky is IPTV..... but Telus has been offering IPTV for several years now as Optik.

GPON (aka PureFibre) is a shared network of 2.4gbps down and 1.2gbps upload.

Still better than Cable though

Even if it was point to point fibre the backhaul would still be shared.

10gbps PON tech already exists though. And I think Telus should upgrade to it and offer 1000/1000 😄

@kikithecafekief101The difference between internet 25 vs 50 is up to 50% faster download speed,  5MBps faster upload speed and an extra 150 GB Data allowance. Updated PVR with internet really makes no difference.

Till your mom wants or you have a need for Fibre not much sense worrying about it. Although if you already have internet 50 and fibre is available it's a no brainer for the extra $5 not to get it.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Community Power User

You can find many answers and benefits on the Telus Pure Fibre website.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post