upgraded modem and when will Surrey get 1g internet speeds on fibre?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

whats the latest modem, my mother has fibre and t3200h and just wondering if they have released a new like t4600h? lol and if someones know the latest 4k set top box? 

and wondering why when they installed fibre to my mother's place on 24th of August? why they only have me ISB 7100 box, at least its not the oldest like 330's....  my mom didn't upgrade to the 4K PVR because all of her spring shows would not transfer over the latest one... plus know all the new fall tv shows are on now... is there a way to get shows that were recorded on there to the new one? and still get it for free within the upgraded deal? 

and also why will Surrey, BC get 1g internet speeds? shaws getting it soon... they haven't announced it yet, tho theirs a lot of stuff with like crtc and hopefully shaw and telus upgrading their nodes? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
- Latest modem is the T3200H there isn’t anything newer.
- VIP5662W is the latest 4K PVR
- You must request the 4K hardware (purchase)
- Recorded shows won’t be transferred only the actual “scheduled times and channels”
- When Telus has news available it will be announced. They don’t share their future plans or upgrade schedules.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User
- Latest modem is the T3200H there isn’t anything newer.
- VIP5662W is the latest 4K PVR
- You must request the 4K hardware (purchase)
- Recorded shows won’t be transferred only the actual “scheduled times and channels”
- When Telus has news available it will be announced. They don’t share their future plans or upgrade schedules.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate

Telus has 250/250 and 1000 (950)/250 in other towns. I'm sure it will reach the Vancouver area and such by the end of year.

I don't work for TELUS or any telecom company, just my observations.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Another user had previously commented that they had downgraded from gigabit to 250 as there was no tangible improvement over 250 at present.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Advocate

Well the FTTH tech Telus uses (GPON) does 2.4gbps down and 1.2gbps upload shared up to 32 homes so I could see that being an issue at gigabit speeds.

AT&T has had problems with congestion using the same setup (doing 1000/1000). Google does dedicated wavelengths for each home using custom ONT's. And this is before you take things like peering points into account.

Highlighted
Ambassador

so its almost mid Nov, when is hopefully soon increase to fibre and or coppers speeds? Telus release quarter earning a few days ago..... so come on telus announce something!! 😃

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Kief, you ask about this on a regular basis. Nothing has changed.

1) Fiber will be upgraded when they feel like it.

2) Copper is not being upgraded at all. It's being replaced by fiber.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@kikithecafekief101 wrote:

so its almost mid Nov, when is hopefully soon increase to fibre and or coppers speeds? Telus release quarter earning a few days ago..... so come on telus announce something!! 😃

They announced my dividend rate!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador
Yours..?? So they have money why not increase speeds?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
There is still major investment needed in Alberta and BC for Fibre. How fast do you need? 90% of web sites you visit aren’t using 1/10th of your speeds now.

Highlighted
Ambassador

True tho but Comcast has 1g not like China, lol, there gotta be an announcement on it!! they put out internet 75/75 on fibre now...

???

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You can’t compare the US infrastructure to Canada. Our market is Tiny population wise, compared to just one major US city.

Enjoy what you have and don’t worry about speeds.