there is a wifi login in window that pops up when I login into my home telus wifi

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
Can anyone fix that?
Once I log in, it jumps to a “register device” page.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

So it worked 20 days ago, and nothing has been changed?

The wall outlet (same size as for a phone (4 wires)) should be connected to the DSL jack on the modem. There may be a filter (small white / tan dongle) at the wall jack. See image below. An Ethernet cable (8 pins) would connect between a Fibre Optic ONT, and the WAN port.

If the troubleshooting tips (especially if the Internet light is lit or not) didn't resolve your issue, you should contact Telus to do further assessment from their side of things.

iu-15.jpeg

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you able to take a screenshot of it? I've never heard of it happening before.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
yes, but how can I add a picture here?
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

When you are typing a reply, there is a row of icons above including a camera icon. Click the camera icon and you'll be able to add a photo. 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
Mine doesn’t show any icons.
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@sabersa  What browser are you using?

5238757B-E25A-438E-9A08-EB779DBB4B42.jpeg

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
Safari on iphone
sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
www.registerdevice.telus.con/activation/?type=hsiaSuspend
This is the pop-up window’s address
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's not a wifi login. That is a device registration login. Did you get a new router or something? How is your home network set up and which devices are you using? (modem, fiber box, router, switch?) Also if you reboot your modem, does the problem go away?

sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
I didn’t get a new router and I have been using this router for more than 1 year. I am using the T1200h modem. I rebooted it and it didn’t work.
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is your modem bridged? Is anything plugged in to the WAN port?

sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
there is a wire plugged in to the WAN port, but not connected to a computer. Also, there is a box connected with the LAN port, but I am pretty sure it is the telephone line.
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What is the WAN port wire connected to? Does it connect to something else on your home network? If yes, that could trigger the problem you are experiencing. Do you have a fiber optic connection?

sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
The wire does not connect to anything, and I don’t think that I have a fiber optic connection.
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What's connected to port 1? Do you by any chance have your own router in addition to the Telus modem?

sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
Do you mean Ethernet port 1? It’s connected to a phone adapter. And it is the only port 1 I found in my modem. I used the modem TELUS gave me.
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you take a few minutes, and step through these questions?

What is connected to your modem, and to which port?

Do any devices work on your network?

Is your bill current, and fully paid?

Have you tried these troubleshooting tips?

NFtoBC
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

In addition: has anyone in your house connected anything to the cable in the WAN port that you know of? If someone has been using it for more than one device that could use up all the available IPs you have. If that's the case Telus should be able to clear out the extra devices in the registration page that's popping up.

sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
No one is using the cables.
sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
A WAN cable is connected to my modem but no one is using the cable. Ethernet port 1 is connected to a phone adapter.
No, they don’t work on my wifi.
My bill is fully paid.
I tried the troubleshooting tips.
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Disconnect the WAN cable.

Does the phone connected to the Phone adapter work to make & receive calls?

Have you a laptop or computer you can connect to another LAN port?

How is your modem connected to Telus Network? To a telephone-type wall outlet, or to a Fibre Optic ONT device (usually white in colour)

How long has this problem existed?

NFtoBC
sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
The phone adaptor doesn’t make calls. I never use the wires for internet for laptops. And it is a wall outlet. I don’t know how long the problem has existed because I just came back to Vancouver yesterday and haven’t used it for 20 days.
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

So it worked 20 days ago, and nothing has been changed?

The wall outlet (same size as for a phone (4 wires)) should be connected to the DSL jack on the modem. There may be a filter (small white / tan dongle) at the wall jack. See image below. An Ethernet cable (8 pins) would connect between a Fibre Optic ONT, and the WAN port.

If the troubleshooting tips (especially if the Internet light is lit or not) didn't resolve your issue, you should contact Telus to do further assessment from their side of things.

iu-15.jpeg

NFtoBC

View solution in original post

sabersa
Helpful Neighbour
Ok, thank you.