t3200m won't display admin page consistently

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

LorneS
Just Moved In

I have the t3200m modem

I was able to consistently load 192.168.1.254 to get to the admin page, log in, make changes.  No problem.  But after making about 5 changes to the schedule section, the admin page will no longer load.  I get a blank page. 

Although it is a ridiculous fix, I have tried emptying the cache, loading on different modems, even on different computers.  No change - the page comes up blank.

If I pull the plug on the modem the admin page will "sometimes" come back only to be non-responsive again after 2-3 loads.

Note the modem functions properly the whole time - wired and wifi are working.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I had a similar problem about a year ago where I could only access pages if opened in a new browser window. A subsequent update to the router fixed the problem.

Have you tried a full reset of the device? Then force an update?

What operating system are you using?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
LorneS
Just Moved In

I did try a full reset of the device, forgot to mention that in my summary.  The problem came back again, as I rebuilt my "allow" schedule on the advanced page, within 5 entries.

Windows 10.  And this happens on IE11.192.16299.0 and Chrome 63.0.3239.132

Fun fact.  Even with a blank screen when I select "View" and "Source" there is html content.  It just is not displaying.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@LorneS wrote:

I did try a full reset of the device, forgot to mention that in my summary.  The problem came back again, as I rebuilt my "allow" schedule on the advanced page, within 5 entries.

So, the simple answer is.......😈

A number of us have bypassed the Telus gateway for our local network, using a router of our choosing which better meets our needs. Simply bridge port 1, leaving your Optik TV things on the T3200M, and the rest of your network on the other router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"