cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote compatability

Bill55
Neighbour

I have a new sanyo roku TV and the service technician just tried to set it up with the telus remote.  He said he tried to get the remote to synch with the TV but couldnt figure it out so I must use two remotes for now on.  One to turn the TV off and on and volume up and down (the sanyo remote) and the telus one for the rest.  So bascially have both remotes on my hands all the times if watching tv and adjusting volume at all.  I am not sure what other items wont synch yet but expect i will need both remotes for many things.   Very inconvenient to keep both on hand every single use and use them both for all the time to change channels and volume.  Has anyone else had this where they just say sorry they aren't compatible and sorry about your luck you bought a tv that wont work with telus but you have a contract so stuck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
It’s not a TELUS problem it’s a Roku branded tv issue. It’s basically a monitor with a built in roku hence the sparse limited remote function(s).

The Logitech harmony can replace all your remotes as it’s 100% configurable with pretty anything that uses a remote.

It can replace your roku and telus remote also amplifier/sound at if your using one. Check out the Logitech website and find a remote that will suit your purpose as they make entry level to high end ones.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes. I have a Fluid TV purchased some years ago that does not work with the Optik remote, but does with the PikTV remote.

There have been others for whom there is no code on the Optik for the TV, so you are not alone.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The problem is Roku TVs remotes are very limited in function. Doesn’t matter which brand you buy. Only real solution is purchasing a Logitech harmony remote (universal programable). It’s one of the truly lacking things with their branded TVs.

would the logitech do away withthe telus one?

and get them online?

@WestCoasterBC wrote:
The problem is Roku TVs remotes are very limited in function. Doesn’t matter which brand you buy. Only real solution is purchasing a Logitech harmony remote (universal programable). It’s one of the truly lacking things with their branded TVs.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
It’s not a TELUS problem it’s a Roku branded tv issue. It’s basically a monitor with a built in roku hence the sparse limited remote function(s).

The Logitech harmony can replace all your remotes as it’s 100% configurable with pretty anything that uses a remote.

It can replace your roku and telus remote also amplifier/sound at if your using one. Check out the Logitech website and find a remote that will suit your purpose as they make entry level to high end ones.

so pretty much screwed til contract runs out?