recent bad internet

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

ok so very recently i have been on Twitch.tv and its been stuttering on all qualitys of video. a week before i had been watching on the best quality. i am very frustrated at the moment. please help

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

it is only Twitch i run my speed test and it says i have 50down and 11up. no one knows how to torrent exept me and im on a wired connection. im fairly tech savy and ive looked at my router and nothing seems to be wrong there. so i reall don't know what is going on

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are a long list of things that could cause issues with using the internet or even a specific site. More information is required.

1) Is it only Twitch.tv that is giving you this issue?

2) Have you run any speedtests lately? If so, what was the result.

3) Are you wired or wireless? (If wireless are you sure you're on your own network?)

4) Is anyone in the house using P2P software like BitTorrent while you are doing this?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

it is only Twitch i run my speed test and it says i have 50down and 11up. no one knows how to torrent exept me and im on a wired connection. im fairly tech savy and ive looked at my router and nothing seems to be wrong there. so i reall don't know what is going on

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Good Samaritan

Your internet bandwidth is also shared with all other devices connected to the modem may it be wired or wireless. This will include but not limited to desktop computers, laptops, game consoles, smartphones, tablets and Optik TV boxes, if you have one. If multiple devices are connected, you will not enjoy the full speed speed you signed up for but rather, it will be split among devices depending on the usage. Make sure your wireless is also secured & no one else that you're not aware of is using it.