"Resolving Host..." , Internet issue

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I've been a pretty satisfied customer of Telus for the last 2 years, only recently in the last two weeks - with no changes to my setup or new devices - I've noticed my internet connection just randomly dumps off completely. 

An example of this is today, I was watching a youtube video, then my wife was ready to go grocery shopping for the day so I paused the video to resume watching later.

When we got home and settled, I returned to finish the video only to see it stopped loading - and when I clicked play it wouldn't finish buffering/loading the video. I restarted my router, my computer, and nothing was working and no matter what website I would try I'd get "Resolving host..." at the bottom left of my browser to be told the page is unavailable... every page was unavailable. (gmail, google, various car websites, facebook, etc )

I noticed this a few weeks back, went to log in to play counterstrike (yeah im a geek πŸ˜› ) with some friends, and in middle of a match the internet crapped out with the EXACT same issue.

After about 10 minutes of restarts, releasing/renewing IP's with no avail it's like some gnome on the other side wakes up and says "OH you want to use the service" and a switch gets flicked.

Just wondering, whats up with this? Why is this happening? How can this be avoided?

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

There was a network issue affecting a number of customers across various geographies. It is now restoring, and we hope, if your service hasn't already returned, to have everything back up and running shortly.

Apologies, and thanks for your patience!

ScottyJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

There was a network issue affecting a number of customers across various geographies. It is now restoring, and we hope, if your service hasn't already returned, to have everything back up and running shortly.

Apologies, and thanks for your patience!

ScottyJ

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Know what, if that's all that it was it, and knowing I wasn't alone then I'm okay with that πŸ™‚

Just making sure there wasn't anything buggered up on my end! Minor disturbances don't bug me at all πŸ™‚ Thanks for the fast reply! 

Highlighted
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Thanks for understanding! Is everything back online now?

ScottyJ 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Yep all is good!

Thanks again