pretty high ping in online gaming

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

monkaS
Resident

I live in Edmonton, AB. I have just recently switched to Telus, and have noticed SEVERAL issues. My ping in games like League of Legends, Overwatch, and CS:GO used to be around 42-45ms with Shaw, but on Telus my ping sits around 75ms. It almost makes the game unenjoyable to play, as there is a delay on every ability. I have also noticed that at 1:37AM my internet turns off, without fail, this lasts about 5-10 minutes. Loading webpages takes far longer than it should and I am afraid I have no clue how to fix this anymore. Please Help

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The latency may be a little off depending on where the server you are playing on is located. I am also in Edmonton and play a number of games. Any server in Chicago for me has really low latency, in cases below 40ms. Some others depending on location can be a bit higher for me. Is your PC is connected through ethernet? 75ms isn't really that high for some games.

Which servers are you connecting to specifically?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂