cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powerline ethernet adapter through ethernet switch

campau79
Connector

I learned the hard way that running a powerline Ethernet adapter will cause your optik TV to go scrambled and jumpy or lose signal altogether on wireless optik tv. If I connected an Ethernet switch to either my modem or router and then connected the powerline adapter through the Ethernet switch, would that work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will still be utilizing the household wiring for the powerline adapter. Using a switch won't negate the problems that arise with using a powerline adapter. You would be better off with a Wifi Range extender, or purchase a higher quality router that has better ranges/speeds.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will still be utilizing the household wiring for the powerline adapter. Using a switch won't negate the problems that arise with using a powerline adapter. You would be better off with a Wifi Range extender, or purchase a higher quality router that has better ranges/speeds.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post