cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixelation?

iamstillvince
Connector

dont know if anyone can help by past experience. I have 3 optic boxes. a main and 2 wireless

The main unit is connected by coax and has worked perfect from day 1, never a glitch.

The wireless has had pixelation issues since day 1 (don't use 3rd much so will leave it out)

Signal is strong full bars. 

Now i have taken all my own stuff out of the picture so i was playing with a clean signal , but it seems that if i turn on the xbox one it immediately starts to pixelate the signal...or if i download stuff on the computer it gets worse also.

So today i tried connecting up the wireless box with an Ethernet cable, assume it worked because the wireless indicator went away and tv was working. still had pix-elation issues. I called and had them run line tests and it all shows good, 40 to 70mb. so it should not be a bandwidth issue.

going to call the installer and have a wired box swapped in, hopefully it fixes this because this is grandmas tv and grumpy grandma can drive me crazy. 🙂

This has been really frustrating because i was so happy i could bridge port 1 and run my own router, quickly found issues with the pixelation and have taken off my own router, set it all to just the telus box thinking qos would keep picture good. no dice.

yet through all of this the wired pvr has been perfect, hopefully switching the wireless to a wired box will fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iamstillvince
Connector

Update: fixed pixeling issue

Turns out there is an issue with the T1200h gateway. If you use the coax to connect a box, the ethernet connections have issues. Switched the coax connection out so they are all on ethernet and it now all works great. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

iamstillvince
Connector

Update: fixed pixeling issue

Turns out there is an issue with the T1200h gateway. If you use the coax to connect a box, the ethernet connections have issues. Switched the coax connection out so they are all on ethernet and it now all works great. 

View solution in original post

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"