cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixelation when recording

RayRay83
Neighbour

Hi guys,

Whenever my PVR is recording a show I get pixelation on whichever tv I am watching live. I have only 2 Cisco boxes (4k PVR + wireless box) and both are hardwired. I have the internet 100 plan. I tried reseting all boxes and the modem but still have issues:( Any thoughts of what I could try next?

Thank you

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Unplug the wireless receiver and cat5 as a test. See if your PVR still has pixelation issues when recording.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Unplug the wireless receiver and cat5 as a test. See if your PVR still has pixelation issues when recording.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I once had a similar issue whenever more than one stream was in use (1 recording + 1 Live). It turned out to be a faulty network switch behind the PVR of all things. I had the PVR / Bluray / Roku conntected to that switch. If I was watching only 1 live stream at the time, there was no pixelation. Replacing that switch solved my issue. If you don't have a network switch in the mix, and the basic troubleshooting doesn't fix things, I'd call Telus and have them check your connection just in case. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

good call on the switch! i gave it a reset and so far so good:) 

Thanks for the help!

Ray

unfortunately it has started happening again 😞 going to buy another switch and see if it helps