cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over use

petersch
Just Moved In

whats going on.  my kids play online games and we watch moderate  Netflix.   somehow  we are at 6gb in 48hrs

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've done 1.5 GB in less than an hour on cellular, so you have some catching up to do!

Seriously, though, might a landline-based internet service be a better choice to meet your needs?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

The most i've used in a day was probably in the 100GB range. That's from streaming music, video and playing online games. 

What time of online gaming do your kids do? Media rich games and online multiplayers can rack up the usage pretty quick.

iPhone power user

Doug1Ames1
Ambassador

Streaming Netflix in HD can use up to 2.5 Gbytes/hour (only about 1/2 of that if you use the Optik TV box though). Have you checked your Netflix account resolution setting to see if it's on "High" or "Medium"? (you have to do that online, on the Netflix web site under your account settings)

Dimo-X

In addition to what's been said. It's a good idea to keep tabs on your usage via your on-line account if you find a lot of people are suddenly using and/or tethering to your mobile data connection.  Using 6Gb over 48hrs can even be considered lucky given the scenario your depicted!

HouseCat
Connector

These are the netflix playback settings,

Playback Settings
Data Usage per Screen

Auto
    Low (basic video quality, up to 0.3 GB per hour)
    Medium (standard video quality, up to 0.7 GB per hour)
    High (best video quality, up to 3 GB per hour for HD, 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD)

Im set on high, and it's pretty easy to blast through data on it. Its a good idea to look at medium settings if cautious about going over your data.