cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

now word 'Alberta' comes up on call display at home...why?

casarg
Just Moved In

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

deveerei
Advocate

A Telus landline receiving calls from Alberta 403/780 phone numbers with no record in our database will previously show as unknown or blank.

This change is to ensure that area codes 403 and 780 follow the same TELUS standards currently in place for other area codes across Canada. (i.g: from bc will say Brit. Columbia, from Ontario it would say Ontario).

View solution in original post

I've seen this happen when someone on a TELUS Mobility phone calls someone on a TELUS Home Phone (landline).   My question is, does TELUS Mobility not pass the Caller's (CNAME) name along with the phone number to TELUS wireline, or does TELUS wireline ignore the information that TELUS Mobility forwards?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

deveerei
Advocate

A Telus landline receiving calls from Alberta 403/780 phone numbers with no record in our database will previously show as unknown or blank.

This change is to ensure that area codes 403 and 780 follow the same TELUS standards currently in place for other area codes across Canada. (i.g: from bc will say Brit. Columbia, from Ontario it would say Ontario).

I've seen this happen when someone on a TELUS Mobility phone calls someone on a TELUS Home Phone (landline).   My question is, does TELUS Mobility not pass the Caller's (CNAME) name along with the phone number to TELUS wireline, or does TELUS wireline ignore the information that TELUS Mobility forwards?