cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of compitition from telus in certain areas

Kodiak
Neighbour

I'm in the small town of Cranbrook. Shaw cable has had higher speeds than Telus in this area for ages. Shaw is the only one that offers up to 50mbs. I just don't want to be with Shaw for internet. However, I need to have that speed. Telus, when are you going to compete with Shaw in smaller communities?

7 REPLIES 7

nasty
Rockstar

Use the Telus address check tool to see what you can get.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/webapps/qual/qual.do?

The check tool is a new version so it may make you clarify the address.

I entered a couple of address and it shows fibre(100Mbps), unless thats an error. The area around 2nd street south by 8th ave south.

Cranbrook does not have those speeds I've already confirmed it with Telus.

Just as I thought Telus could care less about small communities.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
A quick Google indicates the Sunshine Coast, Salmon Arm, Trail, Creston, Osoyoos, Oliver, Blackfalds, Innisfail, Didsbury, and other small towns are soon to be or have been provided with fibre to the premises. All are smaller than Cranbrook. Maybe they care more than you realize.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I thought Salmon Arm already had some fiber laid?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Nighthawk Yup, so does Trail. It's a list of smaller communities with, or soon to receive fibre found by Google search. Definitely not comprehensive.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Telus has been giving Cranbrook empty promises for ages. As for the other areas it took way too long.