cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet

rayrayjj
Rockstar
Just ran another speed test on my phone and tablet 43.97mbps and 14.92 upspeed Mbps with 3 TVs on high def and two tablets on 5g..dam that's good internet..shaw can't match that...ask for 50,get 60 Mbps,that's how you keep costumers happy..
11 REPLIES 11

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Nice, isn't it?  Upgraded from Telus 6/1 to Telus 25/5  & lovin' it!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

rayrayjj
Rockstar
Yeah,I think Telus is doing a great job with there internet and optic TV,had shaw direct before and optic picture is as good if not better and internet is wayyyyyy faster..

rayrayjj
Rockstar
The new t1200 can stream 4 HD channels, awesome feature and son is always on YouTube and never any lag..

Victoria_guy
Advisor

When I called Shaw to cancel as I was switching to Telus, they told me stories about how Telus internet speeds drop off when you try to use internet an TV at the same time.

I quickly found out that was BS.

I have Telus 15 and have a consistent, constant 15 mbps download, even when I have 3 HD streams active. Upload is typically 4 Mbps.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Conveniently omitting the slowdowns on their network as more shaw customers draw bandwidth from your neighbourhood loop! The bandwidth on FTTH is phenomenal!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Victoria_guy wrote:

When I called Shaw to cancel as I was switching to Telus, they told me stories about how Telus internet speeds drop off when you try to use internet an TV at the same time.

I quickly found out that was BS.

I found that also when talking with Shaw. It's like they don't have any minimum quality of service / honesty they provide. My brother had Shaw's 50 plan and half the time he literally had dialup speeds until they finally upgraded the node in his area a year or so later.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

rayrayjj
Rockstar
Shaw can't match Telus in there service's in my area or in there customer service, Telus actually cares about there customers..I don't Wrk for Telus but they have a get tech team and super customer service, when you ask for 50 Mbps and get 60,that's treating your customers good..way to go telus

rayrayjj
Rockstar
Shaw just lies to there costumers and bashing telus is there only way to try keep there customer's.. You don't here Telus bashing shaw,when Telus came to me they ask me who my provider was I told them and they didn't do any bashing they just said do you want faster internet and good optic tv,since I had Telus phone I said what the hell and signed up,best choice I've ever done,u unbelievably fast internet and 4 HD streams,what more could you ask for.

rayrayjj
Rockstar

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I found Telus has a great product that can challenge Shaw (previous 40 year customer). Service comparison issues raised by Shaw are very old.

The only issue is Telus hasn't been promoting it's strengths as hard. Could it be because of cross partnership agreements? Shaw/Bell own many of the prime TV stations that Telus does not.

A little tip for Optik customers... spend a little more for a good TV. The Telus mall kiosk TVs don't give Optik justice. I bought a high-end Sony and was shocked at the Optik image quality. It surpasses Shaw store displays.  Other tips...

• Consider getting your TVs calibrated or run the TV in cinema/theatre mode.
  • Also consider a 5.1 surround system or a Yamaha surround sound projector to hear that Optik shine!

rayrayjj
Rockstar
Ya,wish Telus would by global or ctv