cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet connection is on and off.

jessgarcia
Just Moved In

anybody experiencing internet on and off.? almost 5 times a day and it took 20 mins to restore connection. any help from the telus people.?

4 REPLIES 4

K_McIntosh
Organizer

Almost 5 times a day seems a bit much to tolerate ... I have a similar issue where I lose internet connectivity (PureFibre Gigabit Internet) about every other day ... sometimes perhaps once daily (I suspect my WAN IP is being 'punted' by some TELUS node algorithm because I have unlimited data on my plan, make almost 24/7 streaming use of it, and, I'm on a residential street, so, I may be impacting overall bandwidth on my fibre network segment ... bandwidth is not supposed to be an issue for fibre per TELUS marketing, however, I can't otherwise rationalize what's happening with my service) ... while not a long term solution, I have found that rebooting my TELUS / Arcadyan modem / router gets me a new WAN IP from TELUS' upstream network and restores internet connectivity.  Once you're familiar with the process, you can do it from a smartphone on Wi-Fi (from bed!) and the loss of service amounts to only about 10-15 seconds.

If you don't know how to do this reboot procedure or what model of TELUS h/w you have, unplugging your TELUS modem / router from AC power for at least 10 seconds should accomplish the same end.

Having to perform this 4 - 5 times a day kind of defeats the purpose of the service you are paying for.

TELUS' service is terrible ... what else can I say ... I dread having to follow up on smaller problems ... they won that (C. S.) battle I guess ...

LiseD
Just Moved In

I have had the same issue since switching to the new digital boxes after our move.  Have had to spend hours on the phone trying to reset everything, and still have the same issues.  Keep getting an error message that says we are not connected, yet Tell us shows all is good.  Ready to switch to a different provider.