cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cant port forward 25565

MOOSE32
Friendly Neighbour

ive added new rules to the fire wall port forwarding and i cant seem to be able to connect to the port through a port checker tool

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You're trying to run a Minecraft server?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You're trying to run a Minecraft server?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

MOOSE32
Friendly Neighbour

i am trying to run a minecraft server put when i check the port with my external ip with a port checking tool it says its not accessible 

MOOSE32
Friendly Neighbour

any help would be amazing and ask for any info you need to solve the problem ive been trying everything for the past hour and i cant seem to solve it

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Under "Select LAN Device" are you just choosing one from the list or manually choosing an IP? Did you select both TCP and UDP for port forwarding?

MOOSE32
Friendly Neighbour

im choosing one from the list and i have checked that i am choosing the right one and i have done both TCP AND UDP

I use port forwarding to get to my security camera DVR so I know it works.

Checklist:

1. Did you reserve an IP address for the server you are port forwarding to?
  2. Did you verify whether your server is using the default port 25565 or a custom port?
  3. Is your server running when you do an external test?
  4. Did you verify you can access your server internally from your LAN?
  5. Did you try canyouseeme.org for testing? That's what I use so I know it works.