cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

human resources

devo8275
Just Moved In

Telus is such a community involved company that when they see tough times in Alberta they make sure to find the Alberta Electricians jobs in BC.  Lets face it Alberta residents need these jobs much more than the BC residents do even though there are BC Electricians looking for work and are also in need of jobs. I just witnessed this in the Comox Valley Campbell River area.  Thanks Telus.  Thanks for talking me into cutting all ties with you and switching to Shaw. 

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
So what did you "witness". The mass influx of people from Alberta that moved back to the valley, to find work and be close to home again.

how about the people who never left the province in the first place and not even getting an interview.  

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not sure why you would be bitter at telus on their hiring practices. Many jobs people apply to they don't get a call. Doesn't matter what province you're in.Just because you have a red seal doesn't necessarily mean you will get the job or an interview. A person can have other qualifications that would make them a better candidate.

Sorry you feel this way, but as ex electrician (15 years) there was many jobs i never got hired for let alone an interview. Just the way it is, the more you can diversify yourself to stand out the better chance you will have.