help with port forwarding

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

i have telus Actiontec v1000H  ver 57  modem/router  i set all the ports . and when i ck the ports to see if there open there not. tryed every thing they wont open any one able to port forwad.

it shows iv opened them . can i bridge this one .  cant even open 
Port 80 is closed.   any buddy had this trouble

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

i bought an apple airport extream router im going to try an bridge it  got to try  lol  thxs for your input

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

What do you mean by bridge it?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

Best Answer

Your solution depends upon the type of network you're designing.

If you have only one router on your network and it is set to bridge mode, your network (wired or wireless, or both) will be active but will not be open to connecting to your internet access. If the single router is not set to bridge mode, your network will be able to be connected to your internet access.

When your network will contain more than one router, select bridge mode for each of the additional routers if they will be connecting to a router or other network device that is already using DHCP and NAT to provide IP addresses to computers on your network.

You can use any one of the routers to be the DHCP/NAT server as long as the others are setup in bridge mode. You will usually want to choose the router with the greatest serving capacity to be your DHCP/NAT server. An AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule's network is limited to serving up to 50 users, while an AirPort Express is limited to serving up to 10.

What bridge mode really does is to allow additional routers to connect to the network without conflicting with the DHCP/NAT server. Additional routers may extend the network's wireless range and/or enable additional wired connections for clients and devices.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify... how does one use "bridge" mode?

My device needs port 80.  I tried plugging in a separate router.... it's unable to connect out to the internet.

All Replies
Highlighted
Neighbour

Buddy, give up on trying to forward ports. Telus blocks all incoming ports on personal and business accounts. It is not possible to open any ports on the personal account and it requires buying a static IP on the business accounts.

So if you need to set up a server for MineCraft or access your home computer from another site through remote desktop, you will have to get a different Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

i bought an apple airport extream router im going to try an bridge it  got to try  lol  thxs for your input

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

What do you mean by bridge it?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

Best Answer

Your solution depends upon the type of network you're designing.

If you have only one router on your network and it is set to bridge mode, your network (wired or wireless, or both) will be active but will not be open to connecting to your internet access. If the single router is not set to bridge mode, your network will be able to be connected to your internet access.

When your network will contain more than one router, select bridge mode for each of the additional routers if they will be connecting to a router or other network device that is already using DHCP and NAT to provide IP addresses to computers on your network.

You can use any one of the routers to be the DHCP/NAT server as long as the others are setup in bridge mode. You will usually want to choose the router with the greatest serving capacity to be your DHCP/NAT server. An AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule's network is limited to serving up to 50 users, while an AirPort Express is limited to serving up to 10.

What bridge mode really does is to allow additional routers to connect to the network without conflicting with the DHCP/NAT server. Additional routers may extend the network's wireless range and/or enable additional wired connections for clients and devices.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
I thought bridge mode was used to pass packets from a DSL (or cable) connection to a separate Ethernet router without applying DHCP rules to the packets. Most routers I am familiar with can act as DHCP servers or not, but few have anything other than an Ethernet connection on the WAN side.

Somehow, there still needs to be a means to convert to/from the DSL, which is where many of us run into problems.......
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Most Helpful
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify... how does one use "bridge" mode?

My device needs port 80.  I tried plugging in a separate router.... it's unable to connect out to the internet.