cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forgot me

look-out
Just Moved In

I've been a telus client for 40+ years and this year when I picked up the new directory my name was missing from the white pages.After trying for 3 days I finally got through to someone.She couldn't give me a reason why I had been missed but said it was free.I've been paying my bill faithfully for 40 years so "FREE"? I said it's like we've moved or died and it will be missing for a whole year.She spoke with her manager and said she could give me a $20.00 one time credit on my next bill.I asked for free long distance in Alberta and was turned down.What do you think of that??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Yellow Pages group buys the list from the phone companies. They are responsible for the directories. Sometimes they mess up but for best results, try contacting them. This will be separate from Telus and Telus won't be able to fix it, especially if you're number is not unlisted.

If you're not in the current physical phone book, The Yellow Pages group should be able to ensure you're in the next.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is this a residential number?  

Are you listed at 411.ca?  That is the correction I would seek.  Ever fewer folks use paper directories these days, and many of those that do will turn to the electronic option to search for you if needed.

Telus does not own the directory, so it would be difficult for them to indicate WHY your listing was not published. Their part is to provide a data-set to the publisher, and at this point it would be difficult to determine where the omission was. Did you read the disclaimer on page 1 of the white pages?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

we are listed at 411.What I was trying to emphasize was their lack of concern,kind of like the air lines when they are at fault.It's not like we are new subscribers,we've been with them since AGT.The point is-no-one can find us in the book and not everyone is comfortable going on line to find the #.Have you tried to find a postal code on-line lately?…….look-out

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Yes, just today I successfully searched a postal code. Canada post.ca, click on link, paste street address. Boom! Done.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Yellow Pages group buys the list from the phone companies. They are responsible for the directories. Sometimes they mess up but for best results, try contacting them. This will be separate from Telus and Telus won't be able to fix it, especially if you're number is not unlisted.

If you're not in the current physical phone book, The Yellow Pages group should be able to ensure you're in the next.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post