cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email

Reg1
Friendly Neighbour

When I send an email a record is kept. That record shows up when I wish to sent a new message and click on the "TO" button. There is a whole list of emails. I would like to delete them individually. I did it once but forgot how. Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try this in your webmail page:

1. Choose Address book
  2. Choose Emailed contacts from the left hand side
  3. Select all the ones you wish to delete
  4. Choose the Delete button near the top of the screen
  5. Go to Trash and repeat the delete process.

This should remove all the addresses not in your regular contacts list. You can also move any you want to keep to the Contacts list by use of the Folder button next to the Delete button.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Which email program are you using? TELUS webmail or another?
NFtoBC

Reg1
Friendly Neighbour

Hi. I am using Telus WebmaiNow I have 40 Characters.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can you provide a bit more details as to what is happening?

usually when you type an email address into the To: box, it lists the addresses which match the characters you type, and you select from them.

NFtoBC

Reg1
Friendly Neighbour

Using Telus Webmail and wish to forward or send an email. When you click on the "TO" button a drop down menu appears listing ALL of the email address that have been sent. I have been responding to emails asking about Ads on Kijiji. The email addresses of the responses are recorded in the drop down. I wish to keep the addresses of individuals I regularly contact on the drop down . I wish to delete the addresses of the individual I have responded too from Kijiji.  I would like to "clean up" the list of emails I have sent. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try this in your webmail page:

1. Choose Address book
  2. Choose Emailed contacts from the left hand side
  3. Select all the ones you wish to delete
  4. Choose the Delete button near the top of the screen
  5. Go to Trash and repeat the delete process.

This should remove all the addresses not in your regular contacts list. You can also move any you want to keep to the Contacts list by use of the Folder button next to the Delete button.

NFtoBC

Reg1
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks. Your suggestion worked. 

Reg1
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you. I check the Telus page before I checked emails. I left a description on the Telus page. Just to describe my situation--now that I have replied to your email there will be a record placed on the drop down menu when "To:" is selected to address an email. I would like to be able to delete "TELUS Neighbourhood" from that list.
Reg