data overages

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I fell the need to RANT!

Got a message earlier in the week saying I was close to exceeding internet data usage. Fair enough, although don"t really know how.

Being an old guy maybe watched a little to many episodes of a season 1 show in 4k on netflix  and an outside camera set at low resolution. But you would think 450gb would be enough.

So last night at around 11pm I checked my usage again. It showed 438gb of usage.

My billing cycle clicks over at 12am. At 11:55 they generated an email stating they have provided and charged me additional coverage.

To bad I could't take advantage of it and caught up another 5 min. on that netflix show but I was ZZZZZZ. 

As of 10 am today I'm already up to 12gb. Havn't even finished my first cup of coffee and have only checked my emails.

I'd upgrade but I'm already paying 77.00/mo. ( I Know!) They saw me coming!

As a side note for this crazy price they say my download speed is up to 50 mbps. With all my tests its never been over 29.64 and as low as 3.5 normal looks around 25 (march-april this year).

I'd go on but I have to get busy looking for a new service instead of whining.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

4k streaming uses a LOT of data, security camera's are also constant data usage. They have an unlimited data option I would reccomend if you are getting close to or going over the included amount regularly. When I used my account I was able to add the first month free, otherwise it's only $15. Might be worth looking into gettin another plan too, the higher speed they provide the more data they include. Hope it helps! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

There have been many easily found discussions on data usage here. The short answer is, just call Telus and explain that. Also have tech support check your speeds. The speeds you see look more like 25mbps. If you're supposed to be on a bonded connection it's possible one of the lines isn't working right. I know you're frustrated but they're more likely to work with someone that is still polite.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Connector

4k streaming uses a LOT of data, security camera's are also constant data usage. They have an unlimited data option I would reccomend if you are getting close to or going over the included amount regularly. When I used my account I was able to add the first month free, otherwise it's only $15. Might be worth looking into gettin another plan too, the higher speed they provide the more data they include. Hope it helps! 

View solution in original post