cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus modem

akronik
Organizer

anybody try this modem? Asus DSL-AC68U AC1900 Dual-band Wireless VDSL2/ADSL Modem. currently using the VSG1432 supplied by telus. i am looking to upgrade my network gear, but i cant bridge this modem (can but looks like a pain in the butt). i would rather buy a new gateway that does what i want

5 REPLIES 5

akronik
Organizer

dsl and satellite. no optic here

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

While while I don't know if the modem you listed can be substituted for the Telus unit, you could set it up, leaving the Telus gateway to do the absolute minimum of network tasks, and the unit you choose do the heavy lifting. Or you could request a T1200H from Telus, and they may be able to supply one for you. You could then bridge to a router of your choosing. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

akronik
Organizer

what about any other gateway options people might be using

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Your best route is to request a T1200H from Telus enable bridge mode, and use any router of your choice.

I run a T2200H (bonded service) bridged to a Tp-Link P5

akronik
Organizer

this is a bump. tried to get a new gateway from telus. turned down because im not an internet 50 subscriber (not available here). went with the asus. works beautifully with a little setup. i now have 4 giga ports and wireless ac.  🙂 for anyone who may be interested in another option