cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are wireless HDMI & wireless STB incompatible?

johnith
Just Moved In

I have a wireless HDMI & a wireless stb and am having issues with keeping the signal, any ideas out there?

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you have issues when it's not on wireless hdmi transmitter? Is it HDCP Compliant? Not sure what wireless HDMI you're using. Maybe you can expand on it and why you're running it in the first place (the wireless hdmi).

johnith
Just Moved In
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
I appear to have no issues when I am not using the wireless hdmi, iogear, and was after a no cords hanging down from my TV. 
Solutions would be welcome!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Which iogear model do you have? Constant losing video is usually a non complaint HDCP device as signal is encrypted. Or sometimes low quality hdmi cables.

Usually receivers are mounted behind the tv with a simple ir repeater. But all depends on the mount you have.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@johnith wrote:
 and was after a no cords hanging down from my TV. 
Solutions would be welcome!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.

Is the TV wireless? Why not snake the wires from an opening behind the TV, through the wall, and bring it out behind a stereo cabinet. Or get a cover to enclose them.

My TV has power, 2 HDMI, Ethernet and optical audio from it; all contained in a covered trough painted the same colour as the exterior wall on which it sits. Almost invisible. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@johnith wrote:

I have a wireless HDMI & a wireless stb and am having issues with keeping the signal, any ideas out there? 

Huh?  I just connect the TV to the wireless Optik box.  Signal is clear and I have full control of the PVR.  Keep it simple.