cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Customer Service

BruceGYoung
Just Moved In

I would share my recent customer service experience and ask forum users for their thoughts. 

I am relocating in July. On June 15th I contacted retentions to discuss options. Since I did not have a confirmed residence in my new location I decide to have my service discontinued on July 19th. On June 19th my service was disconnected. Over the next 30 hours, I spent in excess of 7 hours on the phone or waiting for a callback.  My service was finally reconnected the evening of the 20th.  

This evening I spoke with a customer service manager to indicate that I had experienced the poorest customer service that I have ever had. Their solution was to give me a credit that does not even cover one month of service.

I then asked about when I would receive the boxes that would allow me to return my 6 rent devices. The agent told me the boxes would be sent when the service was disconnected. I was quite taken back by this response considering that I will be leaving the province. I was told to take the devices with me and ship them when I get to my new home. The other option is to find boxes, create the necessary shipping documentation myself and get tracking info from Canada Post. 

I find the compensation offer for 7 hours of my time considering the problem was caused by a Telus employee and the fact they send the return boxes after the services are disconnected and I am no longer living my present address unacceptable.

Any suggestions in regards to options would be appreciated. I would like to have someone above a customer service manager review my file but it appears that is not an option. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BEERSTUD69
Just Moved In
I switched from shaw to telus for tv only. Telus sets me up with new 4k system on my 3 tvs..works great for a week then keep getting errors thay all streams are in use..after multiole techs who hardly speak english finally tell me since u dont jabe our internet you only get 2 hd streams!! For 3 tvs??? Why did nobody tell me this??? Good news shaw is coming to install new blue sky...bye bye Telus

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kimi
Connector

They don't really care about customer service at all. You can spend hours trying to get a hold of them , you are lucky to have been offered a call back.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
In the past when I had to return items to Telus, I had to find my own boxes, and Telus supplied the return shipping label. This may have changed in the time since I last shipped items. On replacement items, often the box in which the new item arrives works for the return shipment, however this won't work for you.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

BEERSTUD69
Just Moved In
I switched from shaw to telus for tv only. Telus sets me up with new 4k system on my 3 tvs..works great for a week then keep getting errors thay all streams are in use..after multiole techs who hardly speak english finally tell me since u dont jabe our internet you only get 2 hd streams!! For 3 tvs??? Why did nobody tell me this??? Good news shaw is coming to install new blue sky...bye bye Telus

View solution in original post