Wireless Extender help needed!

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Connector

Sometimes when I log into my router homepage 192.168.1.154 it shows the wireless extender as inactive. Does this mean it is not functioning? Other times it shows as active. How do I prevent this from happening?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Likely not. The 'green' certification for many electronics expects power saving mode be applied at appropriate use cases. No activity for a while would be reason to drop to a lower power mode. It will come back to normal activity within a few seconds of use.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If whatever is connected to the extender is not having any issues connecting, ignore it. If the extender hasn't been used in a while it may go into a power saving mode and appear inactive until it's needed.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Connector

Is there any way to stop it from going into power saving mode? I recently upgraded to the new wireless ac extender WEB6000Q, and it seems to be slower than the WCB3000N i had previously.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Likely not. The 'green' certification for many electronics expects power saving mode be applied at appropriate use cases. No activity for a while would be reason to drop to a lower power mode. It will come back to normal activity within a few seconds of use.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post