cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Plus installation

RyDawg
Coach
So I'm going to switch to Telus on Wednesday morning when the installer arrives. The biggest problem I currently have with my Wi-Fi network is that the wireless range is just not long enough to reach throughout my entire home, even with the Shaw Advanced Modem modem I got. So I was wondering, if I need to add a Wi-Fi plus to my equipment if the new Telus advanced modem still does not reach throughout the home, will there be any charges to route an Ethernet cord through the home? I was also wondering if the Optik TV boxes work through the second Ethernet port on the back of the Wi-Fi plus device, since the TV is right next to where I want the Wi-Fi plus, and my current modem has all but one Ethernet ports used up. We basically already have a coaxial cable going from the room where my modem is set up to the room that needs Wi-Fi the most, so hopefully it won't be too hard for the installer, so I hope everything can work out fine.
1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Depending on the complexity of the install, there would likely be charges. You could do it yourself, leaving the ends un-terminated for the installer to complete.

The Access point can be connected to your PVR, to the best of my knowledge, or you could put a switch near the PVR, and connect both.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"