cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my wifi not working?

cheyanne23
Neighbour

It says I'm connected but as soon as I go online it says in not connected. I've restarted it and unplugged it and plugged it back in, connected and reconnected. Why is it not working?

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Need more information. What device are you using, what operating system, what modem and are any other wireless devices in the house working.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

cheyanne23
Neighbour

I'm trying to connect to my iphone5 however it won't connect to my laptop or Xbox 360. I have no clue what operating system I'm using or how to find out. I was also not aware there are different types of modems. If you tell me how to find these I will give you the info. 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Phone Telus to sort things out.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are two steps to a Wi-Fi internet connection - the first hop is from your device to your gateway (modem), and the second is from the gateway to the internet itself. Are you able to connect to the internet with a wired connection to your laptop?

Normally, your iPhone would not connect to either your laptop or xbox, though each should be able to connect to the Internet.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

xray
Guardian

"It says I'm connected..."

Where are you looking when you think it's connected?

Do you have a password set up for your Wi-Fi?

Are you on a new install? If not, was it working before? If it's new then call TELUS support.

ddj1234
Neighbour

Did you tryed calling tech support or unplug the modem for 10 secounds