cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Telus not providing the Knowledge service in HD

bbwalton
Just Moved In

I am trying to get an answer from Telus as to why they cannot give me a start date for receiving Knowledge network in HD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Guardian

I don't know the details of the process but it's not as simple as flipping a switch as your post implies. The network only started HD broadcasts at the end of Sept 2013.

From the Knowledge Network web site (bold is from original page):

Q: What if my local television provider is not offering Knowledge Network HD?

A: It will take time for all television providers to offer Knowledge HD throughout British Columbia.

If Knowledge HD is not yet available in your area, you can still continue to enjoy Knowledge Network in Standard Definition on its current channel. To receive the latest updates, please check back on our website or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You won't get an answer. I suspect the people that deal with acquiring channels never communicate with the public or the tech support/sales people.

There are a number of channels on Telus that are HD but Telus only carries the SD versions. We the customers only find out when Telus announces them.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

annfry7
Just Moved In

Shaw is offering it...!!

al9530
Just Moved In
I find it hard to believe that Telus does not offer The Knowledge Network channel. Before we switched to Telus, we were a Shaw subscriber and Shaw offered The Knowledge Network as a basic channel (meaning NO extra charges at all). I hope Telus would follow suit and not cheap out on something and make us charge for what is a very educational and intuitive for everyone. Isn't that what Telus is all about as well or......

xray
Guardian

I don't know the details of the process but it's not as simple as flipping a switch as your post implies. The network only started HD broadcasts at the end of Sept 2013.

From the Knowledge Network web site (bold is from original page):

Q: What if my local television provider is not offering Knowledge Network HD?

A: It will take time for all television providers to offer Knowledge HD throughout British Columbia.

If Knowledge HD is not yet available in your area, you can still continue to enjoy Knowledge Network in Standard Definition on its current channel. To receive the latest updates, please check back on our website or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Howdy,

I saw this comment chain and wanted to provide a bit of background as to why Knowledge is not available in Alberta.

Knowledge Network’s is a provincial broadcaster who’s content agreements only allows them to offer the channel in BC. Your previous provider must have been a national satellite service, otherwise they would not have been allowed to broadcast the channel outside of BC.

We hear your pain, but unfortunately this is outside of our control. However, on a positive note, if you like Knowledge Network content, we will be launching Knowledge Network’s popular Vancouver ER series On Demand, free to all Optik TV subscribers. This series was filmed in Vancouver General Hospital emergency room and shows real life stories from the ER. Find out more at http://er.knowledge.ca/ or watch it On Demand this August.