Why do I get charged a cancellation fee when I move to a area with downgraded services?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

rietema
Resident

When I signed up for telus optik TV and highspeed internet 11 months ago, I was offered a "free" gift along with 3 years of telus service.  I have now moved to a smaller community where optik TV nor the same speed of internet exist.  The TV cancellation fee was waived but I had to pay-out the remainder of my internet contract due to taking the "free" gift.  I understand telus cannot offer the same services across the province, but at the same time I should not be penalized for the failure to meet the standards of my prior residence.  Maybe the "free"gift should be thoroughly explains or maybe not offered at all.  I am now stuck with a +$400 bill. Please make this go away

Most Helpful
Parrot
Advocate

It'll be best to contact Customer Care at 3106988 and they can have another look at your situation: https:://telus.com/call.html

Most Helpful
rietema
Resident

when i call the telus employee tells me to put a post on the website and try and get help here.  its a revolving door with no help

Highlighted
Most Helpful
TechMonkey
Neighbour

You can email socialmediasupport@TELUS.com with the details. Also include your account number, name, best time to reach you and contact number. Thank you.