Why do I get charged a cancellation fee when I move to a area with downgraded services?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

When I signed up for telus optik TV and highspeed internet 11 months ago, I was offered a "free" gift along with 3 years of telus service.  I have now moved to a smaller community where optik TV nor the same speed of internet exist.  The TV cancellation fee was waived but I had to pay-out the remainder of my internet contract due to taking the "free" gift.  I understand telus cannot offer the same services across the province, but at the same time I should not be penalized for the failure to meet the standards of my prior residence.  Maybe the "free"gift should be thoroughly explains or maybe not offered at all.  I am now stuck with a +$400 bill. Please make this go away

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Advocate

It'll be best to contact Customer Care at 3106988 and they can have another look at your situation: https:://telus.com/call.html

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

when i call the telus employee tells me to put a post on the website and try and get help here.  its a revolving door with no help

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

You can email socialmediasupport@TELUS.com with the details. Also include your account number, name, best time to reach you and contact number. Thank you.

All Replies
Most Helpful
Advocate

It'll be best to contact Customer Care at 3106988 and they can have another look at your situation: https:://telus.com/call.html

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

when i call the telus employee tells me to put a post on the website and try and get help here.  its a revolving door with no help

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Neighbour

You can email socialmediasupport@TELUS.com with the details. Also include your account number, name, best time to reach you and contact number. Thank you.