Why do I get HDCP link failure message & black screen? I have restarted pvr, switched hdmi cables?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

In Sherwood Park. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a communication failure between the box and the TV. It'll be localized to the box/TV only. The black screen is the end result as HDCP is for content protection and part of HDMI.

Normally a restart fixes it, and a new cable as a rare fix. Is there anything else connected between the PVR and the TV?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a communication failure between the box and the TV. It'll be localized to the box/TV only. The black screen is the end result as HDCP is for content protection and part of HDMI.

Normally a restart fixes it, and a new cable as a rare fix. Is there anything else connected between the PVR and the TV?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Neighbour

Nothing else connected between, but I've tried two different cables. I'm wondering if it's the PVR? Although this happened before I got Netflix, it's gotten worse. Last night it was horrible- so many dropouts, and 4 link failures.. I'm beginning to think Netflix is the problem.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

It very well could be your PVR. I rarely ever get the HDCP errors and so far have not gotten any when using Netflix with my PVR. If the problem continues, see if Telus can swap out the PVR.

Highlighted
Neighbour
Sure will! Thanks..