cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I continue to receive two copies of every email in my inbox?

WK
Neighbour

Receiving 2 copies of every email is not only very annoying, especially since we are getting 2 copies of every email on our phones as well, I also assume that our data usage is doubling by receiving everything twice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I didn't think Telus was offering POP accounts anymore. 

If I recall (it's been a long time) if you do not select "delete POP emails after download from the  server", they remain to be re-downloaded in the future. Have you considered a switch to IMAP? It is the better choice if using multiple devices to connect to the email server.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-email-windows-live-mail

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

We need more information to help you.

What email provider are you using?

What Mail Application are you using on your computer?

Have you by chance set up two instances of the account information in your mail app?

NFtoBC

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If WK's using IMAP and something got stuck, that can sometimes lead to duplicates when it tries to download the corrupted message. Are new messages still coming in or is it just duplicates of existing ones? 

Plus, if it's set up as IMAP, the data usage will be minimal as it doesn't typically download the entire message.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

WK
Neighbour

I am using POP3 and my email provider is Telus (I thought this was a Telus site for help?). I am geting duplicate emiails sometimes days later of the same messagei received before but still marked with the exact same date as the first copy. I continue to get new emails as well. I will clean out my inbox (move messages, delete messages etc...) and then randomly I will get duplicate copies of the emails again into my inbox of ones that are still in my inbox (now I have two copies) as well as for those that I have already moved or deleted. So is POP3 adding extra unwanted data  by getting all these extra messages?

WK
Neighbour

Sorry forgot to mention, I am using Windows Live Mail and to the best of my knowledge I have not set up a second instance of my mail app

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I didn't think Telus was offering POP accounts anymore. 

If I recall (it's been a long time) if you do not select "delete POP emails after download from the  server", they remain to be re-downloaded in the future. Have you considered a switch to IMAP? It is the better choice if using multiple devices to connect to the email server.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-email-windows-live-mail

NFtoBC