cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I program my soundbar with the slim line 2 remote?

Mekano
Friendly Neighbour

I have a Samsung soundbar but it won't sync with my remote. I can turn the TV (samsung) and box off with the telus remote. I have to use the sound bar remote to adjust volume. If I'm unavailable to sync I guess I'll deal with it. I've tried all the codes in the book. 

Also when I sync my other TV (insignia) with the slim line 2 remote I also can't adjust volume without the actual TV remote. I feel I should be able to adjust the TV volume with the telus remote, if I can turn it off and on the with the same remote. 

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The remote does not work with all auxiliary sound systems. We connected our sounder system via the optical connection to the TV. It automatically comes on  with the TV and volume is controlled through the TV. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Mekano
Friendly Neighbour

Ok I can accept that, but why won't my other TV which is just TV and telus box. Why can't I program the remote to adjust the volume. It'll turn off TV and box but I still need the TV remote to adjust volume 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Brand name of TV?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Mekano
Friendly Neighbour

Samsung TV with Samsung sound bar. Connected with optical cable. 

I just spent 1hr on the phone with telus and none of their codes work. Guess I'll just have to use 2 remotes.