Why are there so many commercials

Resident

Why are there so many commercials

Why is that the consumers always get shafted, You watch a show then next thing you know 10 minutes of commercial, Seriously is that what I pay half of the bill for. That's a load of **bleep** there should be no adverts at all. I'm sick of all the channels they give you, most of them we don't use. The 1700 hd channels are the same as the 800, so why are we paying for crap. I want my room-mate to get rid of Telus. Waste of time. I want to build my own channels. Why should I pay for French and **bleep** when I don't use it. That's how clients get shafted on the bill. 100 bucks a month for crap. What a rip off. I would rather have the internet, but Telus is to lazy to get a hub were we live, not just us that lives out there. Unreal feels like we are in the stone-age and get robbed. Also get English reps on the phone, sick of hearing packies that can't speak English another reason I don't want it. you never get English always gibberish language.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Community Power User

In answer to your question: Telus does not create the content, they are only a delivery system. The number of advertising minutes in a show is decided by the supplier of the content, as regulated by the CRTC, FCC or other regulatory body.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
0 Likes

If you want to avoid commercials.... avoid the USA and Asia.... they have far more commercials every hour.

Do recognize.... commercials help subsidize the content you are watching.  Otherwise your TV bill will be higher or the content will not be available at all.

Love my Telus PVR.... the commercial skip button is so handy.

0 Likes