When will Optik finally update their apps?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

CandianOwl
Resident

Remote Record has stopped working, and the On the Go website only works if you have a browser that supports the out of date Silverlight. At least the Optik Guide app still works. The OntheGo app still works on my iPad, but hasn't worked on my iPhone for more than a year. Telus has spent all this money updating their fibre backbone, but practically nothing on the front end. It's pretty ridiculous that the only way to watch TV on my computer is to utilize the HTML5 websites that the broadcasters all offer. That still limits me to Canadian channels with no access to US based services. Surely they can take some of the money they saved off shoring their call centre to Guatemala and spend it on improving the user experience?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Silverlight discussion has been ongoing for some time. I'm sure when a suitable solution is ready, Telus will announce it. I'm hoping they get the online experience AT&T is using. At least web based it looks far better, and Telus and AT&T have been using the same backend system for IPTV so it's possible. I know Shaw is using Comcast's online TV setup for their FreeRange stuff. 

"Remote Record" app is an old one. If you read the info page on it, it spells it out. It's from 2012 and for iOS 4/5 specifically. Will not work with anything newer.

"Optik Smart Remote" was last updated a year ago and works fine on all my devices.

"Optik on the go" app (not website) was last updated in September.  It should work on any current iOS device. If it's not working on one of your devices, you'll need to troubleshoot that device specifically. 

If you are experiencing bugs with the current apps themselves (not Remote Record or Silverlight), please post them here.  I've seen a few posted here in the past and they seemed to get addressed reasonably fast by Telus.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Silverlight discussion has been ongoing for some time. I'm sure when a suitable solution is ready, Telus will announce it. I'm hoping they get the online experience AT&T is using. At least web based it looks far better, and Telus and AT&T have been using the same backend system for IPTV so it's possible. I know Shaw is using Comcast's online TV setup for their FreeRange stuff. 

"Remote Record" app is an old one. If you read the info page on it, it spells it out. It's from 2012 and for iOS 4/5 specifically. Will not work with anything newer.

"Optik Smart Remote" was last updated a year ago and works fine on all my devices.

"Optik on the go" app (not website) was last updated in September.  It should work on any current iOS device. If it's not working on one of your devices, you'll need to troubleshoot that device specifically. 

If you are experiencing bugs with the current apps themselves (not Remote Record or Silverlight), please post them here.  I've seen a few posted here in the past and they seemed to get addressed reasonably fast by Telus.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post