cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of buisness is this? 253 people in queue? NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Keith4
Helpful Neighbour

Thanks for getting in touch. Please hold while we connect you.

All of our agents are currently serving other customers. There are 252 people ahead of you in the queue.

Chat started: 13:35

13:35 - keith said:help

13:35 - keith said:updating my pre auth payments

13:36 - keith said:will not let me? new credit card other one expired

13:36 - keith said:253? ahead of me?

Phoned in and get an endless string of "Sorry for the delay....We understand your time is valuable and will answer your call as soon as possible. Bull **bleep**.

What a joke this company has become. Shame on who ever is so called in charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should be able to update your credit card information online (it has worked for me in the past). I understand you are frustrated, but do you mind sharing the error or problem you encountered when trying to do this through your TELUS MyAccount? 

From the main login page, under the "Overview Tab" I see a "Set up pre-authorized payments" link, clicking this bring me to the page below

Update Payment Info Screen Cap.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Keith4
Helpful Neighbour

I am trying to update my credit card information as my old card expired. Your site is messed up and will not let me do this online. I have spent over an hour trying to get in touch with someone to correct this. I was 266th in line on your chat. I have been on hold for over an hour.  I give up! I am not happy.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
A call first thing in the mornings usually results in short wait times. There also should be an option for a callback.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Keith4
Helpful Neighbour

Ok I will wait a week or two and cool off. Then I will take another day off work and call you first thing in the morning. I have done this in the past and it still requires an hour or more of my time. This Is your problem I am trying to fix! Not A Happy Customer!

Keith4
Helpful Neighbour
If by shorter wait times you mean less then an hour, I am not interested. I am through with wasting my time. Look at my account. I have been a long time customer and you waste my time like this? I have already moved to Virgin for my families cell phone needs.

I hope to rid myself of your company in the near future.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
We can't look at your account. The participants here are customers, just like you. We have no access to the internal workings of Telus, but volunteer to offer solutions to other customers based on knowledge we have gained from past experience.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

You should be able to update your credit card information online (it has worked for me in the past). I understand you are frustrated, but do you mind sharing the error or problem you encountered when trying to do this through your TELUS MyAccount? 

From the main login page, under the "Overview Tab" I see a "Set up pre-authorized payments" link, clicking this bring me to the page below

Update Payment Info Screen Cap.png

View solution in original post

Keith4
Helpful Neighbour
The online option was not working with my new card. Thanks for your time. I was really just venting due to the extreme wait times. I did get a call back from a Daniel Ross from telus this morning he fixed the problem over the phone.

Keith4
Helpful Neighbour

It seems to me that Telus has lost touch with its customers. They have hidden themselves behind under staffed and under trained foreign call centers. The addition of under staffed Chat centers are of little help when you find yourself in position 266. It was suggested to me that I call early in the morning when it is less busy. This is due to the fact that most customers are working?  I have taken time off work to deal with connectivity issues in the past and still spent hours getting a hold of someone who is not capable of dealing with my issue.  I have switched any services I can to other carriers. Also a painfully slow process. I live in a remote part of this country and have few options for my internet and home phone. I am open to any suggestions as I would love to rid my family of this company. Telus has the worst customer service in my opinion. The thing that really pisses me off is that there is nobody in the Telus system that seems to be concerned about that. They should have trouble sleeping at night! Treating their customers this way. About time for someone to force this  company to clean up their act. What a disgrace!