What is the model number of the 4K DVR boxes Telus is offering at the moment?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector
What's the model number of the 4K DVR boxes Telus is selling at the moment? I have a CIS330 in another room. Are the 4K boxes compatible with the older boxes? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

The CIS or IPN boxes are not 4K capable.  You would need to get new 4K hardware (Arris or Technicolor) installed by a technician and to enjoy 4K content you would need a 4K TV and a minimum internet speed of 50Mbps.

You can always call Telus to see if you qualify for 4K hardware/programming.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hello,

The CIS or IPN boxes are not 4K capable.  You would need to get new 4K hardware (Arris or Technicolor) installed by a technician and to enjoy 4K content you would need a 4K TV and a minimum internet speed of 50Mbps.

You can always call Telus to see if you qualify for 4K hardware/programming.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector
I would like to upgrade my PVR to a 4K box in the family room and keep my CIS box in the bedroom. Can I view programs (any definition) on the CIS box with this setup?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Sparkaction  If you want the latest 4K equipment you will have to upgrade all your receivers. Keep in mind you will lose ALL your recordings, they're not transferable to the new 4K PVR. Only your "scheduled recordings" information get's transferred over. (time, date, channel).

Seeing as you're on the old CIS330 hardware, best to jump all in. The performance and responsiveness is like night and day.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Connector
If I don't record any 4k content, does the new DVR box have a larger capacity compared with the older CIS PVR?
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Sparkaction  The 4K PVR can record approx 400 hours of HD, or 100 hours of 4K content. The CIS430 has a 320GB HDD vs IPV6015 500GB HDD vs 4K Receiver 1TB HDD.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Connector
Ok thanks.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Content deleted by author.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"