cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail issues?

canucks4life
Leader

Anyone else having Webmail server issues?

I also noticed even POP seems really spotty today.

13 REPLIES 13

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't use webmail, and haven't noticed a problem with my POP services from Telus. What issues are you experiencing?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

DarkHazzard
Friendly Neighbour

I would suggest to use webmail at least if you guys are experiencing issues with the telus email.

am not really a fan of webmail though till i notice an issue with the application that i am using.

based on my experience before , im having issues where i cant send email using the outlook app. 

Well i know all of us here uses outlook email and we already get use to it.  but the thing is when i log into webmail, my email just worked out fine .

after checking the error message that i got from the application ,  i was able to fix it my self.

Now i realize why this Technical folks always advises us always to check the webmail first if we are experiencing issue with their Email.

Since we are using some app to access our email these app can ruin our day if we can send or receive emails its much better to log in to the webmail first to verify if telus are having issues with their email. 

about the issue yesterday it seems that they are really having issues with their system.

Webmail was down yesterday. So wouldn’t have helped in the outage this situation. It does work as a good backup generally.

DuckTroller
Friendly Neighbour

I was having problems getting back into my webmail after being away for some time (5 years).  Finally got my password reset by an agent but kept getting Server 500 errors on login and subsequent new password entry.

Maybe it's a coincidence but once I stopped using a password with an exclamation at the end everything started working.

Spoke too soon.  Trying to update various settings results in various errors and warnings about missing values. 

Not the most reliable of services.

If accessing webmail via browser try another browser and make sure it's up to date. Also make sure all your operating system updates are done.

I don't have any issues with our Telus webmail account we use for business via browser or mail client. So an isolated issues with something on your end.

Could be.  However, tried different browsers, different devices still get random errors.  150 fiber, direct and wifi connections.

Just tried to add a new mailbox and got "Unfortunately, we were unable to process your request. Our site is currently experiencing technical difficulties."

JanB
Just Moved In

Yup! It's been bad all day for me. Tried Chrome and IE and both are dying intermittently. Any idea why??

DuckTroller
Friendly Neighbour

As someone with 20+ years experience managing mail and web servers my informed opinion is that Telus' techs don't know what they're doing.  🙂

They are using a third-party web app called Zimbra to run their web client.  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimbra)  Compared to other modern webmail applications it's a bit clunky.

canucks4life
Leader

Appears to be working again for the moment Robot Frustrated

Suz
Organizer

Originally I couldn't log-in on my laptop and this was going on for the last several hours.  Now I can log-in but am almost immediately booted out and it returns to the log-in page.  I can however access on my iPhone and iPad.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Suz

I generally do not use webmail, but had no difficulty accessing it just now. There was an issue reported on the Service Status page earlier that may be affecting you.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you for your response.... it corrected itself late last night.  Am now able to access on all technology again.