Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

SH1
Connector

@A_Kron wrote:

An apology to our TELUS.net email customers -> https://forum.telus.com/t5/Neighbourhood-Blog/An-Apology-To-Our-TELUS-net-Email-Customers/ba-p/99078

A video apology that's basically read verbatim from what's been previously written on the Web site.  Hahaha.  Well, it's good for those of us who are illiterate I suppose and I do love a nice Aussie accent.

At least he said, "You have my word that our entire Telus leadership team will learn from this experience and ensure that we never put you in this situation again."  It brought a tear to my eye.  He looked VERY sincere.  They even went in for the close up a few times to make him look EXTRA sincere.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Many people have said that there should be some type o compensation for our email outage.  So...what compensation would be appropriate and would satisfy you....as a home customer ?  As a business customer ?  And be realistic !

SH1
Connector

Ask me when the outage is over.  I haven't had a sniff of e-mail since Wednesday night.  And until I see the e-mails come in, it's pretty difficult to assess the damage, if any, from not receiving any e-mails.

Elky64
Connector

A 10:00 PM check (Aug 17th) here in Cranbrook, BC revealed, in our household, both my wife's and my email accounts are finally up and running... Email client(s), webmail, etc working as they should, at least for now.

LostinVancouver
Coach

All praise Jeebus!

All more email accounts are now operational.

Slow as molasses but able to send/receive emails.

ExCTandS
Friendly Neighbour
Yup, email seems to be up here in Langley at 22:16 hrs on Sat evening, BUT, I only have 7 emails, where are the rest. I normally get that amount in 4 hours.
jhulford
Neighbour

Nanaimo: back in business as of 10:30PM on both email accounts. However, now I'm getting:

This site can’t be reached

forum telus com took too long to respond.

Aaarrrggghhhhhh!

jhulford
Neighbour

@jhulford wrote:

Nanaimo: back in business as of 10:30PM on both email accounts. However, now I'm getting:

This site can’t be reached

forum telus com took too long to respond.

Aaarrrggghhhhhh!

That'd be 10:15 and everything else seems to be up and running, as well.

AaronJF
Resident

Up here too and no email since Thursday is here! Are you kidding me?! All that email is lost? Telus, PLEASE let us know the status of our incoming email since Thursday.

ennjeoajat
Connector

@Irishgranny: I think Telus needs to compensate its email customers with an amount that includes punitive damages. If it causes Telus no monetary pain, then genuine improvements will not happen. I had been thinking reimbursement of one month's Internet service fees, and then my semi-restored email service collapsed again and Telus started shovelling the BS that 90% of service was restored. Even when my service was (temporarily) restored, messages from the previous day did not come in and I am being told by some folks that their messages to me are still randomly getting bounced. Then came Tony Geheran's apology, lacking anything like an adequate explanation of how things could have gone so badly wrong, not acknowledging that the email problems have actually been going on for more than a week for some customers, and repeating the "majority restored" nonsense (merely being able to finally log in is NOT fully restored service). No, one month's reimbursement is not enough. Perhaps two months? Three if Telus is unwilling to come clean?

Irishgranny
Ambassador

@ennjeoajat   I had the login page briefly a couple of hours ago -couldn't do anything but was hopeful...now I'm back to "Can't find the page"...so much for joining that 90% club.  While I agree that some type of compensation is due, I think you're being over-optimistic in your expectations.   Think we'll be lucky if we get $10 from them.  And don't know how the businesses can calculate what this outage has cost them!  Right now, I just want to be able to use email...will think about compensation after that happens!

ennjeoajat
Connector

@Irishgranny: Ah, well, you asked what we thought would be appropriate. If you ask my expectations, that would be no compensation, no meaningful explanations, no admission of the actual extent of the problem (e.g. some customers have been suffering for more than a week), and they'll continue lying about how many customers have fully restored service until it eventually becomes true. We'll never find out how many messages were simply lost. Where do my expectations come from? I've been a Telus customer for a very long time and I cannot remember the last time they made even the most trivial of changes without breaking something and I've learned the hard way that nothing they ever say can be counted on. If the competition's basic technology weren't so inferior (i.e. cable-based), I would have left long ago.

LostinVancouver
Coach

Anybody get this weird “Zimbra” box when trying to load the Telus webmail page?

LostinVancouver
Coach

Now I get the “normal” page when I try and go to telus webmail.  I ain’t taking no chances....forwarding all my telus emails to a gmail account until they’re able to sort this mess out.

snrhodes
Resident

Aug 18 02:12 Still no email, and certainly no SMS message explanation either.

snrhodes
Resident

Not true.  Sympatico was BCTel / Telus.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

I now have a login page..BUT...says my name or password id incorrect.  Same ones I've had for the past few years.  Even tried to change password, but couldn't do that.  So I'm looking at this login teaser and wondering how many more days before it recognizes me ??

momeja
Resident

Email working but only 5 emails in my inbox - scattered over the course of the 3 days.  I'm about to travel, so there were several important emails that are still AWOL.  Glad to have the server back up, but will this be fixed???

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Strange thing is..My name and password work just fine when I login to the Outage Update page...but not correct for Webmail...are there 2 of me ??

ulysses
Coach

Another 24 hours without service in Vancouver, making it three whole days. But we have telus' word that "the entire leadership team will learn from this experience". How reassuring! Platitudes don't replace incompetence. We don't need PR types talking to us. Where is the CEO of telus or the executive in charge of technology at this critical time? Heads had better roll over this unacceptable mess.