Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

canucks4life
Ambassador
LostinVancouver
Coach

@canucks4life wrote:

Just received an Email regarding the Email outage lol

https://m.info.telus.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%40Ib%2BHWBa2lZ3a7J4yjUI8c5Lj4wdypeUuzsV3nm0aA1E%3D&cid=telD...

"and were able to restore service for the majority of customers overnight."

What a bunch of BS.

Good afternoon,

TELUS technicians continue to work around the clock to restore TELUS.net email access. This is a fluid situation, and we are doing everything we can to stabilize all servers as we bring our final customers back online. Unfortunately, the issues with the remaining servers are very complex, which is why this is taking much longer than we would like. We know that our customers are frustrated, and we are incredibly sorry.

We want to reiterate that we take this issue extremely seriously, which is why today, we reached out to customers who are still without email service with an SMS text message to apologize directly. We have hundreds of team members working to ensure service is completely restored and this situation is fully resolved.
Winnie88
Neighbour
Telus has proven itself to be really good at dispensing empty apologies—too bad the same can’t be said about keeping their e-mail servers working, updating their customers, providing viable solutions for compensation/lost correspondence/etc.....
SH1
Connector

On one hand, they have the crocodile tears statement on a band over the page that comes up when the Web mail doesn't: "We are very sorry for the TELUS Webmail disruption. We take this issue very seriously and are workin...

When you click on the Outages page, regardless of the update time (12:15pm in this case) the update says every time "Most customers are now able to access their email accounts, which are once again fully operational."  Then they go on to discuss the small but chosen few who still don't have e-mail.

So on one hand, they acknowledge a big problem.  On the other hand, they downplay the big problem.  I wonder if they took the weekend off?

As far as I can tell, the only noticeable thing Telus has done over the past few days is to keep changing the title of this thread.

OTO
Resident

AGREED! 

2:00 PM Saturday- still out! 

LostinVancouver
Coach

"we reached out to customers who are still without email service with an SMS text message to apologize directly."

I have a landline (not a cell) associated with my account.  I sure wish they would phone me so I can tear a strip off the person.  Nah, I'm kidding.  Why give the messenger grief.  They aren't responsible for having no backup system in place.  

polecat
Ambassador

To those thinking of a different provider. Check it out might not be as good as you think it is. Equipment or software failure can happen to any one of them. Our email was back up early friday morning. I clean out inbox every evening storing important ones in a folder or in downloads. Have a friend near bye never deleted emails for years still down all the people around them that have telus webmail and were back up before noon friday. Polecat

SH1
Connector

Here's something else Telus does fast -- I've gone from "Helpful Neighbour" to "Organizer" to "Connector" in record time!!  By Monday, I'll be the CEO!!  For sure I'll get my e-mail restored then!

SH1
Connector

@LostinVancouver wrote:

"we reached out to customers who are still without email service with an SMS text message to apologize directly."

I have a landline (not a cell) associated with my account.  I sure wish they would phone me so I can tear a strip off the person.  Nah, I'm kidding.  Why give the messenger grief.  They aren't responsible for having no backup system in place.  

Same here, a landline.  I don't know if it defines the term "apologize directly" when they send out a mass text.  If anyone gets an actual call, be sure to record it.

LostinVancouver
Coach

@polecat wrote:

To those thinking of a different provider. Check it out might not be as good as you think it is. Equipment or software failure can happen to any one of them. Our email was back up early friday morning. I clean out inbox every evening storing important ones in a folder or in downloads. Have a friend near bye never deleted emails for years still down all the people around them that have telus webmail and were back up before noon friday. Polecat

Seems to confirm my suspicions about the size of ones inbox being an issue (it's easy to say clean out your inbox but with the amount of spam mail one gets, sometimes it can accumulate - particularly if one doesn't check it alot).  And I suspect there's going to be some data loss involved.  Who thought having a redundant backup system was important?Smiley LOL

AlbertCalgary
Resident
My email is still down and I have not received your notes SMS text. Is there an ETA on when this will be resolved?
fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

Still nothing using Edge, then changed browser, went to IE 11 and got to sign in page and then nothing.
My bestest gal is in now.

Baps
Resident
I'm still with no email and no apology fyi
Elky64
Connector

@LostinVancouver wrote:

@Irishgranny wrote:

Abbotsford....3 of my friends who live within 15 blocks of me all have email now...yet nothing at my place since Wed night.  How do they explain that ?  Hope they plan on rebates on our net bill...and what about the business customers and lost customers etc.  Going to have a lot of mea culpas ahead.

Did the email account that you use have alot of stuff in the inbox (read/unread messages)?  As I already posted, it seems more than just a coincidence, that out of my four email accounts, the two that are working were ones that were rarely used (and hence, didn't have alot of messages in the inbox-whether read or unread).

Not the case with my wife and me. I have tons of emails with my accounts being somewhat restored although things are still flaky, webmail hit-n-miss. My wife on the other hand keeps her's pretty much squeaky clean (deletes everything) not once seeing the light of since the wee hours of the 15th.

Stina
Resident
I have not received a text message with an apology, and I still don't have email.
quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Their outage map isn't much help, either.  It just shows Nisku (south of Edmonton) and Surrey as currently being affected.  But I still don't have email, and I'm well over a 100 km from Nisku.  

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

Now the map just shows Surrey as being affected.  What a load of BS!

jhulford
Neighbour

Nanaimo. Still down for me 3 days and counting. My husbands account is back up and running for sending and receiving as of this morning (SMTP/POP), don't use the webmail. The weird thing is we've had these email accounts since the 'sympatico' days and mine is an alias of his, so you'd think if one comes back from the dead the other should be along shortly. So far, no joy. 

mbp
Advisor

You do realize sympatico was Bell right?