cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

YET AGAIN I CAN NOT LOG INTO M Y MAIL !!!

This is just ridiculous!

@ET Any messages from Telus for us lately?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Mail is working for me currently. Both webmail and Thunderbird. What error are you seeing? How are you trying to access your mail?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk  POP3/Outlook , I posted a screenshot of the requester recently and many more detail in previous posts.  About an hour later I was able to log on. Outlook checks for new mail a few times an hour and seldom has gone 2 hrs without a failed login today.

When you say that telus fixed the expired certificate issue from Tuesday, did they issue a new certificate and/or change the settings that have to be input to make the email account part of an email client like Thunderbird or Outlook etc? I opted on Tuesday to make the expired certificate an exception on Thunderbird in order to stop a persistent popup window but have no idea if that creates a security issue.  Can anyone provide the settings for the new certificate? If Telus has posted them somewhere I have yet to find them.

Thanks.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@grateful1 

You need do nothing more to use your email. There are no settings for them to adjust. 

It is like you getting into into a car of a friend, who’s driver’s license has just expired. Do you still trust his/her driving skills? Do you need do anything for the next trip, once the  new driver’s license is in their possession?

Through your email client, you accepted you still trusted the Telus email server, even though it could not produce a current, valid certificate.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Gwmon
Just Moved In

This seems like it goes down almost weekly. We run a business and use telus webmail for it, when its down it bounces emails. You guys need to get this sorted out, email isn't new technology its been around for decades.

So after my recent couple of posts, I received the following PM from the Community Manager "ET" (call home??) - see thread below.
(just a suggestion ET, the pirate icon is a bit lame and pretty inappropriate)
My PM response follows below that PM. A couple of days later and I till don't have a response to my pretty obvious and relevant questions raised in my PM. Was the reach-out to me just an attempt to calm me down and buy time, but without any intent for anything real being accomplished? Hard to say, but I have my bets ......

Interestingly I am still receiving calls from Telus marketing attempting to sell me contract extensions, new services, etc. When I politely tell them that given the current email situation they must be kidding, they are at a loss for words, and then I hang up.

At this point a month in, with still no resolution for many of us, and ongoing obtuse and inaccurate communications, I am concluding that complaints to the CRTC, and renewing the public media's interest in this story, is perhaps the best remaining route for customers to take. That is the route I am now taking.
I think that the Telus assurance three days in (almost a month ago) that the problems were largely solved, and that less than 1% of their clients were still affected, was a reasonably successful Telus PR strategy to dampen the negative media story. The reality would appear to be quite different.

PM thread follows:    

ET
  Community Manager 
Thursday
Good morning, I saw your message on the email thread and I can sure understand your frustration. I would like to have this escalated for you. Are you able to share your e-mail address and your contact phone number with me?   Thank you,   ET

Thursday
Thanks for your followup. But I'm not really clear on what "escalation" looks like, nor what it would accomplish.   My email records are part of a larger problem, and it seems highly unlikely that they can be solved in isolation. And addressing individual emails piece-meal would also seem to be at odds with getting the overall problem solved for all users ASAP. 

NM
Just Moved In
I just wanted to know is my telus email ever going to work again?

Susieb56
Helpful Neighbour
We had to turn over control by remote to a tech from Telus....he knew his stuff and got us back on track. His name was Brex.

Just when I thought things were getting back to normal...Capture pop.JPG

I have not been able to download POP3 to my Mail client since Aug. 15.  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Tandy wrote:

I have not been able to download POP3 to my Mail client since Aug. 15.  

Then you should be contacting Telus to explore corrections to your account.

NFtoBC

Still getting the "No such blob:" error message on one of my three Telus email accounts in SeaMonkey. Can't access any of these on my Android cell phone.

Everything working great ..finally/  but..cannot delete Junk mail.  Sometimes 1 or 2 recent ones, but have over 30 older ones sitting there that I can't get rid of....any suggestions ???

Still 10 - 20 times a day...

2019.09.27 11:19:53 [email protected]: DoPOPDownload(flags = 00000030, max msg = ffffffff): full items
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telus.net): Begin execution
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): <rx> -ERR invalid command
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): [tx] USER username
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): <rx> +OK
2019.09.27 11:19:53 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): [tx] PASS *****
2019.09.27 11:20:07 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): <rx> -ERR LOGIN failed
2019.09.27 11:20:07 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): Retrying authorization
2019.09.27 11:32:32 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): Disconnected from host
2019.09.27 11:32:32 POP3 (pop.telusplanet.net): End execution

The POP3 server fails at login.

@telus  Anybody home, any body care?

PS: anyone else also fail to get the promised credit on the last billing cycle ?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny 

Have you tried using the check boxes by each email an choosing delete (en mass?).  I found that worked for some I was having trouble addressing.

NFtoBC

Yes tried that...checking each one individually, then trying to delete...also checking the whole thing at once and hit delete..still nothing.  I know with the "Trash" file...going one by one worked but not for "Junk" ///maybe it's aptly named !

@Irishgranny  Maybe a dumb idea-----Right click items in junk folder and drag them to trash folder then try to delete them. Polecat

@Irishgranny  When i decide to purge emails in my folders i drag them to trash and check them then delete them. So i get the right ones deleted.Polcat

Hi Polecat....tried that but can't move anything from Junk mail.  Guess I'm going to have to put my life on Hold and phone Telus.  Not that I NEED to delete them, but with the number of them, it's taking up a lot of space.  Thanks for trying, anyhow.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Irishgranny 

There's space for thousands of emails on your webmail space. You can safely ignore your junk folder for the next few years.

NFtoBC