cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

Ok that’s funny.  But what’s with the random ordering in the inbox? 

You must be so disappointed  in your lost investment opportunities..  I tried this morning but got caught in a go back loop,,  go back..go back.. Capture 3.JPG

go back...  go back...   i'm getting dizzy,,,,,,,,,  when I stand up again I'm going looking for an external server...

...so I tried a different mailbox and tried to change the password when from the login screen it didn't recognize my user name or password (not sure which one, Sir Telus won't tell me) and guess what>>>

Capture 4.JPG

not sure I even have a help desk anymore...  and I guess the Directory is at an important marketing meeting ...  deciding how many 55" 4k UHD TV's we're all going to get when they send us our offer by email...

@DeeScruntled 

Same problem here...that login page just sits there and dares me to try and make it work !  Strange thing is, I can login to the Outage Update page using the exact same name & password..guess there must be 2 of me !

I am having same problem last time I could log in was Thursday morning. Now all of a sudden it is saying I have an incorrect password

Thats not true, and how would I know who to contact to get them to resend? So I get an INterac that gets bounced.  How would I know?  Orr an email from cra? How would I know? 

Support first stated that emails will be received. That  information was wrong. And needs to be corrected, not just left out there. You are saying It is now possible that Some “delayed” emails may never be received.

And why are they not coming in in the order they were sent to me? 

Tarosujimoto how would you know the order? CRA does not use  emails of any kind. If it says CRA it is a scam. If you think there is some banking info or some credit card thing you better get on the phone and make sure.

Polecat, cra, like many other agencies, including Telus billing, uses online mail. Like this one received a week ago.. which if sent to me between Thursday and today would not arrive. 

English version *** La version française suit ***

Dear DONALD M BOYKIW:

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) sent you new mail online called:

Instalment reminder

This mail may require your attention.

If you have My Account, log in and click on "View mail" to read your mail.

If you signed up to receive mail online but don't have My Account, go to the CRA web page to register.

This is an automated email message. Please do not reply.

Version française *** The English version precedes ***

Cher/Chère DONALD M BOYKIW :

L'Agence du revenu du Canada (ARC) vous a envoyé du nouveau courrier en ligne intitulé :

Rappel d'acomptes provisionnels

Ce courrier peut nécessiter votre attention.

Si vous êtes inscrit à Mon dossier, ouvrez une session et cliquez sur « Voir le courrier » pour lire votre courrier.

Si vous vous êtes inscrit pour recevoir votre courrier en ligne, mais n'êtes pas inscrit à Mon dossier, allez à la page Web de l'ARC pour vous y inscrire.

Ceci est un message électronique automatisé. Veuillez ne pas y répondre.

English version *** La version française suit ***

Dear Xxxxxxx

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) sent you new mail online called:

Instalment reminder

This mail may require your attention.

If you have My Account, log in and click on "View mail" to read your mail.

If you signed up to receive mail online but don't have My Account, go to the CRA web page to register.

This is an automated email message. Please do not reply.

Version française *** The English version precedes ***

Cher/Chère xxxxxccx :

L'Agence du revenu du Canada (ARC) vous a envoyé du nouveau courrier en ligne intitulé :

Rappel d'acomptes provisionnels

Ce courrier peut nécessiter votre attention.

Si vous êtes inscrit à Mon dossier, ouvrez une session et cliquez sur « Voir le courrier » pour lire votre courrier.

Si vous vous êtes inscrit pour recevoir votre courrier en ligne, mais n'êtes pas inscrit à Mon dossier, allez à la page Web de l'ARC pour vous y inscrire.

Ceci est un message électronique automatisé. Veuillez ne pas y répondre.

Yo can tell the order via thread. I got 2 replies to the original email sent to me before the original email.

and I also got forwarded an email to me in which I was one if the original addresses.

so yeah, the inbox is a real mess.

I could also send you a copy of the telus ebill that I got Monday.  But you get the point.  Tm to go back to paper billing since telus email is apparently not reliable enough to send a telus ebill. 

I'm now getting emails in Red Deer...though not any of the ones from the 3 days of the crash.  And my wife is NOT getting emails...even though we're on the same account.  

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

And I just sent an email to myself via a different provider.  It did get through via telus webmail, but not via outlook.  

quixotic
Friendly Neighbour

OK, now it did...at glacial speed.

Polecat, are you sure about the bounce back?  Because none of the guys who just I spoke with who sent me an email in the weekend got a bounceback.

I know it’s a necessity in today’s age to have people put out standard company approved messages but it still doesn’t change the fact it’s annoying seeing the SAME cut & paste comment from Tech Support “we’re sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you.....we understand how email is important to you...we fully appreciate all you patience....we are working around the clock”.  Might as well have bot make those posts.  Re: Twitter.

Some email providers, as part of their anti spam policy ignore and black hole not delivered email notifications.

Providers Like telus, iCloud and shaw? 

So no bounceback means no way of knowing who sent you an email.

I don’t think there was any bounce backs to start with, just a black hole in your servers, unless you can show me one. 

i guess the resend solution isn’t a solution  then....

And what about the random ordering in the inbox? Just another annoying result we have to deal with? 

If the email never left the sender's email providers servers then the sender should receive an unable to deliver notification. How long it takes to get this message varies by provider. If Telus servers acknowledge the email then it could go onto a black hole.

NormB
Just Moved In

So is it safe to conclude that if emails from those missing days aren't here now they are toast?