Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

LostinVancouver
Coach

@SH1 wrote:

From the outages notice:

"Most customers are now able to access their email accounts, which are once again fully operational."

What the what?  "Most customers"?  I guess the very, very few customers left without e-mails must be on here raising mischief with multiple Telus Neighbourhood accounts LOL.

As I said, while it's expected that sometimes 'crap happens' that you can't plan for; but it's REALLY annoying when outright lies are being told.  Some outages (yeah right, more like 90%+) and now this (eg., "most" meaning a few).

ExCTandS
Friendly Neighbour

Back in the day, TELUS servers used RAID 5 with a hot standby.  Meaning you had to lose 3 disks in that one RAID before you lost customer data.  As well, there were backup servers.  All customer backup data was stored off site, meaning in the event of a catastrophic failure, the backup media had to be brought in from elsewhere, the disk array's needed rebuilding, and then the data needed to be loaded onto the RAID arrays.  Did we ever have a need for a catastrophic failure recovery, YES, when the HP service tech blew away the raid configuration while trying to upgrade the microcode on the SCSI adapter, and all the customer data with it.  TELUS contracted out IT many years ago.  Software management is now done overseas, and hardware maintenance is done by the OEM.

33 hr outage and counting here in the lower mainland.

LostinVancouver
Coach

heh more BS as now the "official line" is 90% are able to receive/send emails.  Lying only aggravates people more.  

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

Capture.JPG

I'd like to find another email provider when I try to Login to "Webmail"

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

Interesting how Telus has email when it suits their best interest...

Capture 2.JPG

and the link even worked  ...  I'm in the Hood

Knob
Neighbour

Lucky you because Alberta has been down since Wednesday.

LostinVancouver
Coach

@Knob wrote:

Lucky you because Alberta has been down since Wednesday.

I think that person only got that email because he was using a gmail account instead of a telus account.

DeeScruntled
Helpful Neighbour

You are correct sir...  I have had no Telus email service since yesterday morning at around 7:30 am but my Google gmail has been serving me non stop... here in sunny Langley BC

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

Where are they with a REAL statement???

BullCrap!

Rapono
Resident

Now that telus webmail is back up, i can log into my account, however, when i try to select/view certain e-mails, it logs me out of my accont, preventing me from reading them. Please fix this!

sandmanbc71
Connector

Worked briefly for me this morning. 

I have noticed a "This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources" warning on the Telus webmail site. Seems like it could be a problem??

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Abbotsford...now I have the login page but it won't let me log in.  This has been since noon...guess I'm not in the "most customers" catagory !

Highlighted
canucks4life
Ambassador
LostinVancouver
Coach

@canucks4life wrote:

Just received an Email regarding the Email outage lol

https://m.info.telus.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=%40Ib%2BHWBa2lZ3a7J4yjUI8c5Lj4wdypeUuzsV3nm0aA1E%3D&cid=telD...

"and were able to restore service for the majority of customers overnight."

What a bunch of BS.

Winnie88
Neighbour
Telus has proven itself to be really good at dispensing empty apologies—too bad the same can’t be said about keeping their e-mail servers working, updating their customers, providing viable solutions for compensation/lost correspondence/etc.....
SH1
Connector

On one hand, they have the crocodile tears statement on a band over the page that comes up when the Web mail doesn't: "We are very sorry for the TELUS Webmail disruption. We take this issue very seriously and are workin...

When you click on the Outages page, regardless of the update time (12:15pm in this case) the update says every time "Most customers are now able to access their email accounts, which are once again fully operational."  Then they go on to discuss the small but chosen few who still don't have e-mail.

So on one hand, they acknowledge a big problem.  On the other hand, they downplay the big problem.  I wonder if they took the weekend off?

As far as I can tell, the only noticeable thing Telus has done over the past few days is to keep changing the title of this thread.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Nice that you were able to receive email...

BeefPorkChicken
Connector

@Sf , Its says tomorrow morning on my outage app. so hopefully we can use it by then

Sherryr60
Resident
Is there a specific place to look for updates in this problem? Thanks you.
geodoc
Connector

I'm in Vancouver. As of 11:50 service is intermittent both POP & webmail. I've been using my Gmail account and perhaps this episode is the signal for me to ease my main email over there. Serious incompetence at Telus that, if past experience is any indication, will not be addressed. Maybe less spent on cute animal advertising and more technical competence and dependability would be a good start.