Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @jenjen, it's still being worked on. You can view all of the updates on this link. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Service-Status/TELUS-net-Webmail-Intermittent-error-when-accessing/ta-p/9...

Highlighted
Resident

I was looking for a current update.  last update on that link was yesterday.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

That's the latest update at this point. Once we know more, the link will be updated. 

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Clueless for four days running is a rather poor look for customer service - would you at least admit to that?
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

We understand how you feel. We're working on getting this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Highlighted
Resident

Even if there isn't anything new, a day without saying anything, is too long.

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

We are still working to have this resolved as we speak. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Highlighted
Neighbour

Such platitudes! The same for over 3 days now. You say you are a communications company...well, your customer relations are very poor. We would like more specific details and why there is such a problem fixing this. 

It will go a long way to have one month's free internet/email.

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I wish I had more information available @sui2 I can sure understand how you feel. We're working hard to have this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Highlighted
Resident

Any chance that I am not the only one with no email in Bonanza Alberta nothing since Friday

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Telus support and their “community” people played ostrich with head in sand Friday; lighten Lied and said problem resolved; then would not respond or feigned ignorance of problem on Saturday and today offering nothing but platitudes about “trying to resolve” and “we know how you might feel” today. Mary an hosers to god mea culpa from management or even acknowledgement of problem from any senior position. It is across Canada (season bet won’t even respond to pings at times) but no concrete reach out to any of us customers. It is apparent that senior management doesn’t give a **bleep** and customer and community service reps are in the position of not knowing what the heck happened let alone what is being done to resolve. I wonder if “A” team is even on the job yet.
Highlighted
Resident

Any ETA.  My password got changed in error, and now I can't get into my email on laptop or phone.  Very frustrating!

Highlighted
Resident

I can do the same Gregg!  Same here, retiree, and never happened when we worked there.  This is now day 3, and I need to have it working. 

Highlighted
Resident

I love the language they use in their update,  "may result in errors or delays"......tell it like it is, customers have had zero access to email for 3 going on 4 days.....

TELUS mail services are experiencing an interruption, which may result in errors or delays sending and receiving email using Webmail 

Highlighted
Connector

Brutal! Email gridlock. Just received a couple messages originated from senders nearly two days ago. Can only get the message body, cannot download attachments. Probably the whole system throttled back to recover.

Highlighted
Resident

This is so terrible.   Most of my friends use other providers and never have this kind of problem.  To be without email for almost 5 days when most of us use it for work is unacceptable.   I will be looking at using a different email provider as I can't risk being in this situation.   I feel for the Telus employees trying to deal with the customers.  They seem to have nothing to offer us except "sorry."  I'm sure it's really frustrating for them as well.  This is a massive telecommunications company.  What is causing the problem?   

Highlighted
Connector

I ironically just received a call from Telus. Foolishly thinking it might have been a "we're sorry your email hasn't worked for 3 days" call, I answered.

Of course, it wasn't that. It was a sales pitch trying to sell me Telus Home Security. So I told the (non-Telus sales) guy to tell them to fix their email and that no way would I trust them with my home security if it takes them 3+ days to fix email!

Highlighted
Resident

Well TELUS does partner with Huawei, so expect worse to come.  I haven't had email service since 11:03 pm on May 30.  It is now 4:00 pm on June 3 so we are into Day 5.  Unacceptable.

Highlighted
Resident
It’s late Monday night and email is still down. Seems serious after 4 or 5 days. Will we ever see our emails? What’s going on Telus? Some disclosure in the interest of customer service is long overdue.
Highlighted
Resident
Yes, and it’s very frustrating! Also, it is so random; I have not heard of anyone else in my area (Cold Lake) having this issue.
I have not had email access since Friday.
I feel like I’m in limbo😡.
Highlighted
Connector

Tuesday morning June 4, Metro Vancouver here, just received a bunch of emails, dating back to June 1, including one 2MB attachment. Things finally on the mend? Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
Appears to be up and running in Kamloops too...
Highlighted
Resident
Lucky you!! No such luck here.😡
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour
Still not 100% but getting there...
Highlighted
Resident

If it is true that Telus does partner with Huawei muster spy, I do not want to have any dealings with Telus once my contract expires.

Highlighted
Neighbour

We're up and running smoothly so far in Esquimalt, BC where no one else on Telus in our building was affected. Go figur!

Will we ever know what happened?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

They are still pretending that it was intermittent AND not a big deal as it didn’t effect anyone.,

Hubris and slimy behaviour on top of the incompetence and terrible customer support.

It would seem a safe bet that they will not have learned anything from this and the downward spiral is likely to continue.

Highlighted
Resident

Report from Salmon Arm  - we are on high speed fiberoptic - we have 3 home @telus.net accounts.

One account was fine and never affected.

The other two were down - could not receive any emails from Friday to Tuesday (though some sent emails were getting out)

This was both on our home computer (Mac OS Sierra)  and on accessing webmail.telus.net directly (both with our home computer and on our business computer at our different work location (Windows based)

Sometimes we could log in to the webmail account and see the messages, but were never able to read them  "the service you are requesting is not available" or something similar (should have taken screen shots)

Now everything is up and seems to be running smoothly and quickly.

I just received a phone call from a Telus sales person today - asking if I wanted to take advantage of a sales promotion for their television channels.

He was unaware of the recent email outage across BC and Alberta, and said he would look into it and report back to me.

I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks for everyone's comments on this forum - it really helped to know that it was a widespread Telus issue - and not our home computer/Apple issue       (had our share of those too)

Highlighted
Resident
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/exim-email-servers-are-now-under-attac...

https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/privacy-breaches/
I do not know if Telus uses Exim mail server, however I believe it is the law to report this type of breach as laid out the latest legislation. We did loose access to provided services. I for one cannot be sure Telus has not been compromised. This had all the hallmarks of a sustained campaign denying use and to possibly compromise and gain access of some sort to personal data somehow

Has Telus reported this breach yet
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The mail servers being intermittently down or crashing is a huge leap away from a privacy breach. Telus is using Zimbra not EXIM.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂