cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

You probably need to wait until the outage is fully resolved.  The same thing happened in May and eventually a ton of emails came through a week later. This one looks far worse than the May outage

So Which by current forecast is.... maybe  never? 

The fact that a couple random emails are coming into my inbox with no relationship to when they were sent is troubling.

the fact that a Telus can’t acknowledge or explain why is laughable. 

Exactly.  The black hole is what appears to be happening when I look at my inbox.  Support needs to warn people of this risk.

tarosujimoto  Sorry i should have said sending to legit mail address but cannot be delivered ------ server down  --------- persons in box is full----- person has moved to another provider with a new address and possible old address is still alive. Funny things happen. Polecat

Read on twitter that a server that needed to replaced was incorrectly installed.  That's what you get for subcontracting everything.  Sure, in the short-run, you cut costs; but in the long run you embarrass yourself silly when stuff like this happens.

Vancouver - 10:00 AM - 08/18/19

Webmail partially working. Able to log in and view inbox page. Unable to view any other sections like 'sent', or 'trash'. Unable to compose. POP mail seems to be functioning normally (MS Outlook).

Telus' response to this fiasco makes me think of what became a classic meme from Chernobyl:

"3.6 roentgen? Not great, not terrible."

Telus' managment's focus would seem to the outside observer, to be more focused on PR damage control than dealing with the cause. Not in the same league as the Politburo 's response to a nuclear power plant explosion, but it does rime just enough that it certainly should make them a little uncomfortable.

@geodoc wrote:

Vancouver - 10:00 AM - 08/18/19

Webmail partially working. Able to log in and view inbox page. Unable to view any other sections like 'sent', or 'trash'. Unable to compose. POP mail seems to be functioning normally (MS Outlook).

Telus' response to this fiasco makes me think of what became a classic meme from Chernobyl:

"3.6 roentgen? Not great, not terrible."

Telus' managment's focus would seem to the outside observer, to be more focused on PR damage control than dealing with the cause. Not in the same league as the Politburo 's response to a nuclear power plant explosion, but it does rime just enough that it certainly should make them a little uncomfortable.

I'm more sad because I own Telus stock & don't want to see what happens to the stock on Monday.Smiley LOL

not correctly installed....most enterprise equipment is plug and play with the odd hard wire....my guess (eletronic certified) is software

Rapono
Helpful Neighbour

Now that telus webmail is back up, i can log into my account, however, when i try to select/view certain e-mails, it logs me out of my accont, preventing me from reading them. Please fix this!

LOL.  Consider yourself lucky.  I can't even get the telus webmail page to load!

There is already an existing discussion on email. Please post there. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

muser
Neighbour

When I login to webmail it gets stuck at waiting response from telus.webmail.net

Sometimes I get into my email for a few seconds then  bounced back out to the login page

Anyone else having this problem?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The webmail.telus.net page does not seem to be loading for me just now either.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Just got an HTTP Error 500.0 – Internal Server Error

What's going on Telus?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Working fine with windows live mail sending and receiving.

Just got the following info from the support chat:

Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption in your area, which may result in being unable to access the site or send and receive email. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates will be provided as they become available and can be followed by visiting www.telus.com/servicestatus.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@WestCoasterBC wrote:

Working fine with windows live mail sending and receiving.

Works fine with Apple’s Mail client as well. Seems to be the webmail interface, not the mail server.

Also see notice on this page from 4 hours ago.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Agreed. I switched to another client and logged in successfully.

I use Gmail and have not experienced any outage what so ever.

My Telus webmail was hacked a few years ago, moved to Gmail and no problems at all since the hack.

My other Telus services (Home Phone and Optik TV) - I've never had any problems with either, ever.

How did you get telus webmail on windows live mail ?

We had that with shaw and it worked great.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here are the instructions: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-email-windows-live-mail

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂