Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

muser
Neighbour

When I login to webmail it gets stuck at waiting response from telus.webmail.net

Sometimes I get into my email for a few seconds then  bounced back out to the login page

Anyone else having this problem?

Community Power User
Community Power User

The webmail.telus.net page does not seem to be loading for me just now either.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
muser
Neighbour

Just got an HTTP Error 500.0 – Internal Server Error

What's going on Telus?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Working fine with windows live mail sending and receiving.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
muser
Neighbour

Just got the following info from the support chat:

Webmail Services are experiencing an interruption in your area, which may result in being unable to access the site or send and receive email. We are working to restore services as quickly as possible. Further updates will be provided as they become available and can be followed by visiting www.telus.com/servicestatus.

Anemone
Resident

Not loading for me either. It's been going on all AM. Last I checked chat was at 56 and seems to be the new norm.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Same problem here in Abbotsford..all morning.  Get the following message...

???ldap.LDAP_ERROR???    or else it keeps trying to load..forever !

G35Bonanza
Resident

Problems with webmail yet again Telus.  Your tech support seems to have trouble with this service as it has been down mulitiples before over the past many months.  Considering this problem started on the 15th and there still is no resolution and no end in ongoing issues its pretty much rendered by telus.net email address inaccessible.  

Time to move to Gmail and be done with this BS.  Will also make it much easier for me to toss all of Telus services.

Shocked and dismayed at Telus support services

FieroFan
Resident

I'm also getting fed up with these repeated issues when trying to access my Telus webmail. I've been a Telus phone (landline) customer for 33 years and an internet client for close to 20 years. I know I'm paying far too much for the minimal service I'm receiving. Might be time to finally move on.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@WestCoasterBC wrote:

Working fine with windows live mail sending and receiving.

Works fine with Apple’s Mail client as well. Seems to be the webmail interface, not the mail server.

Also see notice on this page from 4 hours ago.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
muser
Neighbour

Agreed. I switched to another client and logged in successfully.

fijames
Resident

I am with you 110%.  Here, in Victoria, I've been without webmail for 3 days now with no fix in sight.  I just recently switched from Shaw as a result of a good offer from Telus.  But the offer's worth nothing since the webmail service never seems to be working properly.  I, like everyone else, is tired of lousy customer service...today I was 59th and 72nd in the queue for chatting, and after waiting hours got nothing but abject apologies.  NOT GOOD ENOUGH TELUS (is anyone listening?)!  While I encountered lots of problems with Shaw, their webmail at least worked.  Thinking seriously about switching back...bad service from Shaw is better than no service from Telus!

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

Appletekk
Resident

So is the SMTP server. Can't send emails. Receiving okay via Mail program.

Appletekk
Resident

Okay, now everything is down. Not good.

Ceedee
Organizer

again.....

canucks4life
Ambassador
Possible to try an get an update?

Some people use Email for business purposes.
Bob54
Connector

Would nice to be notified as to how long this may take.  I know they're working on it but is the ANY idea as to when repairs will be made.  a day, a week, ???  This is carrying on way too long with no one providing any answers..

Janann
Connector

It would be a nice customer service touch if someone from telus posted periodic updates here on something that's widespread like this. I just asked on chat. Answer: "Currently working on it. Some people have service again, some don't. Hoping all fixed by the end of the day..."

I'm metro vancouver, mail down since yesterday, landline is fine.