Voice Mail Upgrade

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Greetings,

My voice mail has been upgraded. When I go to:

http://www.telus.com/voicemailchanges

and download the new User Guide, some things aren't really explained. For example, on the last page:

1. What is "Call Menu POV"?
  2. What is "Zero Out Transfer"?

Thanks,

Shane.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call Menu POV is when you call your own number and voicemail answers and plays your greeting. The second line says "And press: || During greeting".

* - Will ask for your voicemail password and let you access your messages remotely

The last two items (*2, #) are self explanatory.

Zero Out Transfer is more likely something that will be enabled on business or multi-mailbox voicemail setups. It's like when you call somewhere, get the IVR saying to press 1 for "x", press 2 for "y", and you hit zero to get an operator / human. In the case of voicemail, if the mailbox owner has a zero out number set up, it'll transfer the caller there when someone hits zero during the greeting. I don't know if Telus has these options enabled by default or not but the settings, if enabled, are under Personal Options. It's on the column to to the left on the same page in the user manual you found Zero out transfer.

From Main Menu > Press 4 (Personal Options) > Press 4 (Modify Personal Preferences) > Press 4 (Modify your zero out options)

I don't have voicemail on my landline so someone with it will have to try that out to see if it's enabled or not.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call Menu POV is when you call your own number and voicemail answers and plays your greeting. The second line says "And press: || During greeting".

* - Will ask for your voicemail password and let you access your messages remotely

The last two items (*2, #) are self explanatory.

Zero Out Transfer is more likely something that will be enabled on business or multi-mailbox voicemail setups. It's like when you call somewhere, get the IVR saying to press 1 for "x", press 2 for "y", and you hit zero to get an operator / human. In the case of voicemail, if the mailbox owner has a zero out number set up, it'll transfer the caller there when someone hits zero during the greeting. I don't know if Telus has these options enabled by default or not but the settings, if enabled, are under Personal Options. It's on the column to to the left on the same page in the user manual you found Zero out transfer.

From Main Menu > Press 4 (Personal Options) > Press 4 (Modify Personal Preferences) > Press 4 (Modify your zero out options)

I don't have voicemail on my landline so someone with it will have to try that out to see if it's enabled or not.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ambassador

Thanks.

On page 6 of the new User Guide (section 7) what is "Combined voicemail"?

Shane.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Shane

It is where two numbers are directed to a single voicemail box.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

So, its similar to Smart Ring?

Shane.