cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V1000H - Wireless N VDSL Modem Router - Access Restrictions

GW
Just Moved In
Hi,  

I am contacting you all on behalf of my sister in law. She has Telus as an Internet service provider, and uses Actiontec V1000H router to connect wirelessly to the Internet. 

She has a son, and she wants to restrict wireless Internet access on his laptop, so I connected to the router and following the instructions in the manual, I went through the Advanced settings feature, and set up Scheduling Access, with the following rules -  

Device Access Restriction List 
Device Name         MAC Address              Allowed Days                                       Allowed Time    
Noahs-Labtop       30:52:cb:47:60:61       MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI,SAT,SUN     10:00AM to 12:00PM        
Noahs-Labtop       30:52:cb:47:60:61       MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI,SAT,SUN     7:00PM to 9:00PM         

The problem we have is that despite entering his MAC address correctly, at the times when Device Access is supposed to be restricted, he is still able to access the Internet. 

Can you please tell me if there is something I need to do to the laptop or the router in order to enable the restrictions ? 

I did contact ActionTec to ask for assistance, but they came back with the following reply -

Actiontec Support Team response is:
=========================
Currently we have no support for this product. We manufacture the hardware, but TELUS purchased all rights to design, programming, warranty and technical support. You would have to contact TELUS for any issues.
=========================

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Gordon
1 REPLY 1

CanuckRS
Connector

I'd recommend a 3rd party router for more flexibility than what telus allows.