cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speeds on new 25/5 service

tc3rx
Neighbour

I just had a new 25/5 service installed. Everything seems to be functioning well, however, my upload appears to be capped at 3 Mbps. I've already called tier 1 tech support and received the stock, canned answer, so hoping for something a little different here. Why is this not reading 5120 upstream? It's quite clearly capable of it. Speedtest.net bears this out as well.

Levels Downstream Upstream

Line Rate: 27999 Kbps 3071 Kbps  <-----------------------------

Attainable Line Rate: 94260 Kbps 12983 Kbps

SNR: 29 dB 18 dB

Attenuation: 0.0 dB 0.0 dB

Power: 13.6 dBm -12.1 dBm

After factory reset:

Line Rate: 27999 Kbps 3071 Kbps  <-----------------------------

Attainable Line Rate: 86364 Kbps 14117 Kbps

SNR: 23 dB 21 dB

Power: 7.6 dBm -12.2 dBm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

May not have anything to do with the modem itself. Call Telus back and push the issue. They may have a lower speed profile assigned to that port right now.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

May not have anything to do with the modem itself. Call Telus back and push the issue. They may have a lower speed profile assigned to that port right now.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

tc3rx
Neighbour

That was my assumption as well. Looks like I'll have to fight my way through tier 1 to get to tier 2.

tc3rx
Neighbour

Thanks Nighthawk. Took your advice and sparred with tier 1 for 45 min before they had the NOC take a look. Looks better now.

Line Rate: 26880 Kbps 7167 Kbps

Attainable Line Rate: 77264 Kbps 15960 Kbps

SNR: 19 dB 15 dB

Power: 4.1 dBm -7.5 dBm