Upload speeds on new 25/5 service

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I just had a new 25/5 service installed. Everything seems to be functioning well, however, my upload appears to be capped at 3 Mbps. I've already called tier 1 tech support and received the stock, canned answer, so hoping for something a little different here. Why is this not reading 5120 upstream? It's quite clearly capable of it. Speedtest.net bears this out as well.

Levels Downstream Upstream

Line Rate: 27999 Kbps 3071 Kbps  <-----------------------------

Attainable Line Rate: 94260 Kbps 12983 Kbps

SNR: 29 dB 18 dB

Attenuation: 0.0 dB 0.0 dB

Power: 13.6 dBm -12.1 dBm

After factory reset:

Line Rate: 27999 Kbps 3071 Kbps  <-----------------------------

Attainable Line Rate: 86364 Kbps 14117 Kbps

SNR: 23 dB 21 dB

Power: 7.6 dBm -12.2 dBm

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

May not have anything to do with the modem itself. Call Telus back and push the issue. They may have a lower speed profile assigned to that port right now.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

May not have anything to do with the modem itself. Call Telus back and push the issue. They may have a lower speed profile assigned to that port right now.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Neighbour

That was my assumption as well. Looks like I'll have to fight my way through tier 1 to get to tier 2.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Thanks Nighthawk. Took your advice and sparred with tier 1 for 45 min before they had the NOC take a look. Looks better now.

Line Rate: 26880 Kbps 7167 Kbps

Attainable Line Rate: 77264 Kbps 15960 Kbps

SNR: 19 dB 15 dB

Power: 4.1 dBm -7.5 dBm